Duck Tales Remastered coming to PSN, XBL, and Eshop this summer - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-22-2013, 02:15 PM

Default Duck Tales Remastered coming to PSN, XBL, and Eshop this summer

I... I... *faints*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N0PzqF9gWY
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM

I watched my friends play a lot of this in college. I kinda grew up on the game, but was more of a Mickey Fan at the time. However, I have fond memories of not being sober and watching this game being played.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:56 PM
HDD Editor

Post 'DuckTales Remastered,' a HD Rework of the NES Classic, Ready to Download this Summe

Hand-drawn characters in 3D environments top the list of changes.

Duck Tales Remastered coming to PSN, XBL, and Eshop this summer-ducktales_remastered.jpg

In 1989, Capcom released a classic realization of one Disney's hit programs, 'Duck Tales.' Playing as Scrooge McDuck, players found not only a platformer of the early 'Mega Man' quality, but an all around classic game with its lauded music, secrets and non-linear gameplay.

Capcom has now elected to have WayForward Technologies of 'Contra 4' and 'A Boy and His Blob' fame, prepare an HD makeover of 8-bit title. Front and center for the changes is the switch to a 3D modeled environment for the 2D gameplay. The character sprites are being replaced by hand-drawn versions. The game's music, which has been endlessly spread throughout the internet, will be remixed.

Beyond those fundamental changes, Capcom is promising expanded roles for Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Launchpad McQuack will even get more screen time. The surviving original voice talent from the show is also part of the reworking.

'DuckTales Remastered' is set to launch this summer for the XBLA, PSN, and the eShop.

Capcom-Unity
Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 PM

Holy shit. Gotta say as much as people bitch about remasters and HD releases I love it.

Day 1 buy.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:16 PM

Old 03-22-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
Holy shit. Gotta say as much as people bitch about remasters and HD releases I love it.

Day 1 buy.
I'm all for HD upgrades. Well, at least when done well (MGS) and not half-assed (Silent Hill). The games industry is all too quick to let a lot of its history fade away.

Though, I do think that for games like this the original version should be included as a bonus.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:27 PM

Used to watch the cartoon as a youngster, but don't recall the game at all. Seems like many of you have fond memories. Guess I'll see what the excitement is about when this releases.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
I'm all for HD upgrades. Well, at least when done well (MGS) and not half-assed (Silent Hill). The games industry is all too quick to let a lot of its history fade away.

Though, I do think that for games like this the original version should be included as a bonus.
True. That was treated like crap by the devs.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
I agree with this. Maybe it will be included. Probably a reward for completing it or something. Shouldn't be hard. It'd be nice if it had a quick change feature. But, that's just merely cool...not a requirement.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 PM

Whoa!! Very cool. Physical or digital download?