EA Readying a 'Single Identity' to Take a Player's Identity Across Platforms - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 AM
HDD Editor

Post EA Readying a 'Single Identity' to Take a Player's Identity Across Platforms

In broad strokes, Electronic Arts 'Single Identity' represents the company's desire to tie various platforms together. Ever ready to publish on multiple platforms, EA now sees the advantage in tying their titles together across the PC, Mac, PS3, 360 and iOS platforms. Whether it is 'Madden,' 'Mass Effect,' or 'Need For Speed,' EA wants for the player to have a single identity that ties their achievements, their friends, their title ownership, and their save file across platforms.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3512[/ATTACH]

Venture Beat
Attached Thumbnails
EA Readying a 'Single Identity' to Take a Player's Identity Across Platforms-single-identity_ea.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM

If they actually allow me to have ownership of the Mass Effect DLC across platforms, I'll applaud them. In fact, I might actually play ME3 on the PC.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 AM
Watcher of stances

Good idea, uPlay does some of this already.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 AM

Would love to move from 360 ME3 multi to PC multi and keep all my stuff.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM

Not really a fan of company specific achievements and features, I think that works better at the platform level.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM

Yeah, I've seen how well their single identity works....back last month when my EA account was hacked by russians and they controlled all of my DLC and games. Pain in the ass to regain control. But it's been ok since then.

When I signed onto my xbox, all of my EA DLC didn't work until i regained control.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
Not really a fan of company specific achievements and features, I think that works better at the platform level.
I'll mirror this. I especially remember how piss-poor (I think it was MGS4??) handled this sort of thing. I don't want to have all these accounts with all of these different companies. That's a mess, and that's what a console or steam should be used for.

On the other hand, if they want to be minimally intrusive, it would be nice if the company just tied in to whatever you're already using somehow without you really having to create an extra account somewhere.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
I'll mirror this. I especially remember how piss-poor (I think it was MGS4??) handled this sort of thing. I don't want to have all these accounts with all of these different companies. That's a mess, and that's what a console or steam should be used for.

On the other hand, if they want to be minimally intrusive, it would be nice if the company just tied in to whatever you're already using somehow without you really having to create an extra account somewhere.
The Konami ID was horrible. It was also extra stupid considering that the game wasn't available in any other platform. I think that they dropped it altogether afterwards, I bought PES 2012 which is in fact available in every system under the sun and I'm pretty sure there was no Konami ID.