Playing as 'Tails" in 'Sonic The Hedgehog 2' Still The Subject of Disappointment - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-26-2012, 03:11 AM
HDD Editor

Cool Playing as 'Tails" in 'Sonic The Hedgehog 2' Still The Subject of Disappointment

Poor Brook Lopez (of the Brooklyn Nets),

“When I was really little, we used to play Sega Genesis, and my older brother would play ‘Sonic The Hedgehog 2,’ and he’d be playing as Sonic, but he’d leave an unplugged controller for me to play with, and the whole time I thought I was playing as tails,” Lopez says with a laugh. “I thought I was really good at the game, but the whole time I was just sitting there doing nothing."

ESPN via Polygon

Hopefully this won't lead to someone asking "why are so many 'Sonic 2' threads?"
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM

Video very much related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR2JzK-y5_g
Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hoss View Post
Hopefully this won't lead to someone asking "why are so many 'Sonic 2' threads?"
Really? That's completely uncalled for and nonsense as this isn't even remotely the same as the Wii U situation.

Just what this forum needs on top of mods who can't do what they're supposed to and a dropping user base... snarky contributors.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:15 PM
HDD Editor

I can't claim not to be snarky, but I did have a feeling that somehow this thread would irk someone. Turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yes, I agree this isn't even remotely the same as the Wii U situation. That was the joke, the 3AM end of shift joke. User base, please understand that the idea of having several 'Sonic 2' threads going is funny to me, mea culpa.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hoss View Post
I can't claim not to be snarky, but I did have a feeling that somehow this thread would irk someone. Turned out to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yes, I agree this isn't even remotely the same as the Wii U situation. That was the joke, the 3AM end of shift joke. User base, please understand that the idea of having several 'Sonic 2' threads going is funny to me, mea culpa.
Maybe that means "I was just joking." However, I found it just as bizarre and passive aggressive as Bane because (1) there arent even any other sega threads on the main page, and (2) you've posted a dozen articles since the last complaint and chose not to make that joke in any of them until this one. So this was out of the blue and seemed much more bitter than light-hearted.

That's my take on it anyway and I can understand if it was simply late and you were fun'ing it up
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM
HDD Editor

I was just joking, but I am also bitter. Not about anything in the forums, mind you.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 PM

I like this thread
Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 PM

Why are there so many Sonic 2 threads? 0 was one too many.