Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Brian Hoss is offline HDD Editor

Lightbulb The Superlative Wii U Thread For All General Non-Smackdown Wii U Discussion

By popular demand (multiple people), this is the main thread to talk about the Wii U.
    Naturally, normal non-smackdown forum rules apply.
    Name:  Wii_U_GamePad_update.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  80.3 KB

Exclamation It's Become Self Aware

Users have noticed that electing not to update the Wii U results in the system downloading the update anyways in the background before prompting installation.
    CVG
    Despite this process making sense, I still recommend caution when applying the update.

Post ZombiU Now Infecting iPhones

A newly released iOS app allows the user to take a zombie self portrait, record a survival message for their family, and upload the results to social media.
    gamedot

My copy of ZombiU woefully remains unopened.

Lightbulb Hulu App Ready to Show on Wii U

Much sooner than was feared just last week. The hulu app is up and actually seems to have accounted for the second screen.
    hulu

Too bad the GamePad can't pinch zoom, stupid multi-touch limitation.

hdinred is offline Member

I did the transfer process from Wii to Wii U for my game saves and virtual console games. It was a bit complicated and it froze up once, but I got it to work. Anything stored on an SD card and not the Wii memory will have to be downloaded again, but it transfers over your download history and points out the games that need to be downloaded again. Unfortunately, it also seems you are limited to 512 MB of storage for Wii stuff on your Wii U, you canít store VC games on the extra memory, youíll need to keep the SD card.

Iím glad I was able to keep everything, but the limitations are disappointing.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One Ė The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Supermallet is offline Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Glad to see Hulu Plus is taking advantage of the second screen. I had heard complaints that Netflix failed to do so in any compelling way.

Mine is on its way, should be at my doorstep later today. Fingers crossed.
    "It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy." -Groucho Marx

Watch me squawk on Twitter: @Supermallet

Check out my Bond commentaries and follow us on Twitter: @FanboysWithLove

Bane is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    Iím glad I was able to keep everything, but the limitations are disappointing.
    Yeah, the memory limit is a real bummer. I was happily surprised that it kept download history. I figured I would just lose those copies of Bonk and Kid Icarus I no longer had memory space for.

Also, this has now become my main Netflix device. It uses the PC UI which isn't great but better than the PS3 or Godawful 360 one. I also like being able to move the stream to the gamepad and use my pc to look up an actor or something, as I often do, instead of breaking out my netbook.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Bought a WiiU. Doubt I'll be able to do the Wii to WiiU transfer since my Wii is hacked and the wifi doesn't work.

Best Buy was STOCKED! with Deluxe Units.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

james is offline Member

Out of curiosity, I checked the Bestbuy nearest to my workplace and they had plenty of basic models, but no deluxes.

Badger3920 is offline Member

Both models (base, and deluxe) are freely available at targets and walmarts around the bay area (like 5-6 locations of each store, so ~10-12 stores in all have stock of each)

Given that availability, I didn't even bother to check gamestop or bestbuy (bestbuy's online stock check is shit and should never be used)

This thing isn't hard to find, at least not yet. You can get either model no problem

Edit: and I'm loving every minute of watching the prices plummet on ebay for these items. Can't wait to read the articles about people stuck with 5-10 of these things.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

hdinred is offline Member

I like the system, but I'd be a bit embarrassed to go into a store and ask for one.. unless I was properly disguised.

DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One Ė The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    I like the system, but I'd be a bit embarrassed to go into a store and ask for one.. unless I was properly disguised.
    I'd easily recognize John Candy, even with a hood and glasses.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Supermallet is offline Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Not too many in stores in Los Angeles right now, at least as of yesterday.

Been playing around with mine for a bit. The OS is very slow to load things. Assassin's Creed looks amazing, though.
    "It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy." -Groucho Marx

Watch me squawk on Twitter: @Supermallet

Check out my Bond commentaries and follow us on Twitter: @FanboysWithLove

kalel1974 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
    Not too many in stores in Los Angeles right now, at least as of yesterday.

Been playing around with mine for a bit. The OS is very slow to load things. Assassin's Creed looks amazing, though.
    I still haven't played my copy on the 360, I was thinking of getting it for the WiiU instead since it will probably be awhile before anything new comes out.
    My Home Theater: Pioneer VSX-1020-k ,7.1 Aperion Audio speaker system, Panasonic TC-P58VT25, Panasonic BDT100, PS3, XBOX360 Elite
    Gamertag KALEL 29
    Now playing: DMC: Devil May Cry
    PS3 ID Kalel29
    Now playing: Ni No Kuni
    most recently watched: Judge Dredd

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

---

The local multiplayer was really fun. It took the concept of what the VMU did and 100Xs it. Seriously, I had a blast with the Metroid MP with my friend.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast