Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    KTA
    KTA is offline Member

Default Xbox 720 to offer Kinect 2.0 and Blu-ray drive, says Xbox World

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57...ys-xbox-world/

Not sure how much of this is "New" but sounds about right.

8gigs of ram "HEY"

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by KTA View Post
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57...ys-xbox-world/

Not sure how much of this is "New" but sounds about right.

8gigs of ram "HEY"
    Kinect 2.0 eh? In related/similar news (because I must), Dodge just unveiled the 2013 grand caravan!!

Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Kinect 2.0 eh?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

krammer is offline Founding Member

Blu-ray will be a welcome addition.

8GB of Ram well... I pretty much only play Rock Band and believe it or not there is a DLC limit because of the current systems Ram... so I have to use 2 separate Xbox Hard Drives to store my DLC. Would be awesome to play this game without having to switch Hard Drives from time to time.
    Time for Blu to go mainstream.

= 284
    = 2700
    = 99.47 terabytes
    = 5th console
    = 1st console

Quote Originally Posted by krammer View Post
    Blu-ray will be a welcome addition.

8GB of Ram well... I pretty much only play Rock Band and believe it or not there is a DLC limit because of the current systems Ram... so I have to use 2 separate Xbox Hard Drives to store my DLC. Would be awesome to play this game without having to switch Hard Drives from time to time.
    ... That.... That does not make sense to me... what?
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    ... That.... That does not make sense to me... what?
    The game was authored to limit the # of downloaded song to 2,952 because during testing they found if they went beyond that # the game continuously crashes on the Xbox. The reason given was the limited 512MB of Ram.

You can still purchase songs but the game will not load them up.

= 284
    = 2700
    = 99.47 terabytes
    = 5th console
    = 1st console

Quote Originally Posted by krammer View Post
    The game was authored to limit the # of downloaded song to 2,952 because during testing they found if they went beyond that # the game continuously crashes on the Xbox. The reason given was the limited 512MB of Ram.

You can still purchase songs but the game will not load them up.
    Ohhhhh, that makes sense.... wait... SWEET JESUS, HOW MUCH MONEY HAVE YOU SPENT ON ROCKBAND!?
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

Ohhhhh, that makes sense.... wait... SWEET JESUS, HOW MUCH MONEY HAVE YOU SPENT ON ROCKBAND!?
    Rofl. Another question is why do they feel that 2000+ songs must be immediately loaded into RAM? That seems like an easy and simple patch fix....

But yeah, a 2,952 song limit and someone actually bumped up against it? Holy sweet baby jesus
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

$7,000 Est. for over 4,000 songs.. minus the cost of instruments.

= 284
    = 2700
    = 99.47 terabytes
    = 5th console
    = 1st console

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    But yeah, a 2,952 song limit and someone actually bumped up against it? Holy sweet baby jesus
    I'm not the only one & I remember when it happened too. Very sad day last year because the authors knew about it and didn't inform the public. A nice IN-GAME message popped up (complete giveaway they knew) telling you you had 3,000 songs and if you wanted more you have to delete one to add one... Something like that.

So my concern with the 720 Xbox will be.. Can I transfer 2 separate hard drives to the new one?

= 284
    = 2700
    = 99.47 terabytes
    = 5th console
    = 1st console

Favelle is offline Member

Why the fck do all songs need to be loaded into RAM at the same time? That makes less than zero sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

Quote Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
    Why the fck do all songs need to be loaded into RAM at the same time? That makes less than zero sense.
    I have no idea why. Alls I know is the DLC is put into 3 separate file folders. Not all DLC is found in RB3. I have 20GB Est. found in the RB2 folder as well as RB1 folder. Could that be why? Im not a computer ninja lol

= 284
    = 2700
    = 99.47 terabytes
    = 5th console
    = 1st console

Quote Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
    That's exactly what i was wondering

Brian Hoss is offline HDD Editor

Default Xbox World Rounds Up 14 "Game-Changing" Features for the Next Xbox

The following contains a lot of duplication of information. (A round-up if you will.)

CVG

Citing multiple projects that are already working with early devkits, Xbox World precedes its fourteen bullet points with some marketing speculation. "Don't expect the next Xbox to be called Xbox 3 or Xbox 720. Apple has changed the rules on branding, so when the next generation arrives it'll almost certainly just be 'Xbox'."

1. Massive Power: "Durango promises four hardware cores, each divided into four logical cores - a spec greater than anything even the most hardcore PC gamer has on his desktop."

2. Putting the Power To Work: Simon Mack, chief tech man at Naturalmotion, the developer of Euphorioa, "Right now, game environments are generally restricted to straightforward simulated objects. Having a greater level of physical simulation means you can have more detailed interaction with it. At its most basic, how about destruction? Destruction of objects, of cloth, and soon... That means your character can affect the world in a more detailed and interesting way, as well as have the world affect the character."

3. Kinect 2.0: "Coupled with a miniature projector and Benko's tech, the next Xbox could project a board game right onto your coffee table or give you a virtual keyboard at any time. But even that's thinking small compared to what Microsoft has in mind..."

4. Augmented Reality: "Microsoft's leaked planning document detailed plans to turn the next Xbox into a full augmented reality system with a new peripheral planned for 2014. The new AR specs would work alongside Kinect or Omnitouch to turn your living room into a virtual reality environment in which game characters could appear, and even interact with objects in the real world."

5. 3D Sound: "Microsoft Research has already demonstrated its own directional sound prototype (for 3D sound) - a rack of 16 speakers all working together to 'project' sound into a small area.
    Coupled with Kinect head-tracking, the speakers could project audio only you can hear, making headphones a thing of the past."

6. Blu-ray And Beyond: "The next Xbox should ship with a Blu-ray drive as standard, allowing for games up to 50Gb on a single disc without PS3's current problems with the tech - namely slow seek times and increased loading times in game... One rumour is that the first 'slim' version of the next Xbox will drop the optical drive altogether in favour of a download-only platform scheduled for 2015."

7. DirectX 11: Nvidia's Matt Ployhar, "It's a safe bet that the next Xbox is going to be DirectX 11 capable... That means higher resolutions, sharper textures, more anti-aliasing, tessellation etc. It's hard to describe, but check out Epic's Samaritan demo and this year's Unreal 4 demo. A good part of these game engine technologies will trickle down into the next console generation."

8. A New Microsoft: "Live's big problems come from Microsoft's side, and the next-generation Xbox will require a friendlier Microsoft if it's to become home to games like Valve's ever-evolving shooter Team Fortress 2 or multiplayer battle arena League of Legends... Cheaper and easier patching will open games up to better downloadable content and more creative ideas from developers."

9. Next Generation Controls: Min-Liang Tan, Razer's CEO, "In 2005 the 360 controller was a big improvement from the original Xbox controller in terms of ergonomics and durability, and Microsoft made huge improvements with their morphing D-pad. I think the next development will be adding buttons gamers can map freely for individual customisation... There are a lot of things you can imagine doing with a secondary screen... Controller technology has advanced so far, Microsoft could take it anywhere."

10. Cloud Gaming: "(Microsoft) hosted a mixer for Onlive's staff on August 27, with the aim of 'adding key players who want to make a real impact in creating groundbreaking new products and services'... Microsoft usually prefers to build from scratch whenever it can, so expect Microsoft's home-grown effort to appear on the next-gen Xbox and every other device you own."

11. Live 3.0 New User Features: "The next Xbox should introduce a new version of Live, with better support for social networking and free-to-play or subscripton-based games." Also mentioned is the restrictions caused by the current Friends List limit, and the neeed for a hard drive across the model range.

12. Total Multimedia: "With the latest version of the 360's Dashboard, Microsoft has already taken steps to turn the Xbox into a complete hub for their own music and TV services... Microsoft's leaked doc hints at an 'always on' console. Taken to its logical extreme, imagine your next Xbox taking the place of your Sky+ box, with a TV input and output"

13. The User Interface: "Metro is here to stay and will be the way you interact with Windows 8, Windows Phone and the next-generation Xbox... A more precise Kinect means smaller tiles and more content available on each 'page' of the dash, but Windows 8's Metro interface is already proving unpopular, so Microsoft will have to take a year of feedback into account when the latest version of Metro hits the next Xbox."

14. Always-On Gaming: "Microsoft wants the kind of speed you get from a mobile device but on the big screen - breaking down the barriers between players and the games, switching between Kinect Sports 3 and Halo 5 as easily as you'd change channels on your TV... by keeping certain games pre-loaded you can have your favourite titles ready to go at a moment's notice. That takes a lot of power and a lot of RAM - 8Gb of it."

miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

9. Next Generation Controls: Min-Liang Tan, Razer's CEO, "In 2005 the 360 controller was a big improvement from the original Xbox controller in terms of ergonomics and durability, and Microsoft made huge improvements with their morphing D-pad. I think the next development will be adding buttons gamers can map freely for individual customisation... There are a lot of things you can imagine doing with a secondary screen... Controller technology has advanced so far, Microsoft could take it anywhere."
    As I've been told. Screen in the middle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast