TheDickWard is offline HDD Contributor

Default Skype Comes to the PlayStation Vita

It's a natural addition to a device with a rear facing camera and Wi-Fi connectivity. Now where are our PSone Classics?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/playsta...-skype-6373186

Julian is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDickWard View Post
    Now where are our PSone Classics?
    I don't own a Vita (yet), but ... aren't they available in the PlayStation Store? I know they are for a normal PSP ...

thejnc is offline Member

The vita won't play PS1 games yet. It is supposed to be patched. I thought it would of been taken care of by now.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

They are waiting till you don't care anymore. Then, they won't update it.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

thejnc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    They are waiting till you don't care anymore. Then, they won't update it.
    Well they did add 1 PS1 game to the Vita store on PSN. But it doesn't work...yet.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-work...a-226517.phtml

When a PlayStation One game quietly crept onto the Vita's PlayStation Store last night, gamers were preparing themselves for an onslaught of portable classics. Unfortunately, the floodgates are not yet open, but Sony has promised its engineers are working hard to bring them as soon as possible.

"Our engineers are working hard on it," confirmed worldwide studios man Shuhei Yoshida. "Please be patient."

The game in question was Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, but anybody who downloaded it couldn't run the thing.

Hopefully we get the feature soon. I've been desperate for a reason to use my Vita and I've had a hankering for some old Final Fantasy. This would scratch both itches.
    I just want to play some MGS so I can start the series over from the beginning. Although it is some bullshit that the Vita version of the MGS HD Collection only has MGS2 & 3, but no Peace Walker. I guess it is because you can play Peace Walker on there from the PSP version. Rather have the nicer looking version though.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    I just want to play some MGS so I can start the series over from the beginning. Although it is some bullshit that the Vita version of the MGS HD Collection only has MGS2 & 3, but no Peace Walker. I guess it is because you can play Peace Walker on there from the PSP version. Rather have the nicer looking version though.
    Yeah I think it's kind of a ripoff that we don't get the "full" set. I'm sure it'll be the full price too. Heck, I even passed on the 3DS version of MGS3, and 3 is my favorite game in the series. I just wish we'd get a full remake of MGS1 (like Gamecube Resident Evil).
    Supporter. Current Toys: Vizio M65D0, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Phillips BDP7501.
    Console List:
    PS4,ONE,Gamecube, N64, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn,PSTv,Vita,3DS, Retron 5
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
    2017 Completed List:http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game...inish-481.html
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Bane is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairlesswookiee View Post
    Yeah I think it's kind of a ripoff that we don't get the "full" set. I'm sure it'll be the full price too. Heck, I even passed on the 3DS version of MGS3, and 3 is my favorite game in the series. I just wish we'd get a full remake of MGS1 (like Gamecube Resident Evil).
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by hairlesswookiee View Post
    It makes the game worse. So, be glad the original is still superior.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

kannisto is offline Imports enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDickWard View Post
    It's a natural addition to a device with a rear facing camera and Wi-Fi connectivity. Now where are our PSone Classics?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/playsta...-skype-6373186
    The HDD article seems to have mixed up the terms front and rear facing, as it refers to rear facing camera a lot but the one you'd normally use with Skype is the front facing camera that allows you to do video chatting so that you actually see each other.

Gamespot article didn't especially highlight rear facing camera as the key for Skype use, it just mentioned that this version supports both cameras.

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife... People gon' be showing dey genitals on dat screen nao.
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    Yeah I've played it a couple times, but I want the unmolested version with the complete overhaul.
    Supporter. Current Toys: Vizio M65D0, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Phillips BDP7501.
    Console List:

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    It makes the game worse. So, be glad the original is still superior.
    That's kind of depressing, but that's what they get for raping the series by throwing 3D in it. I'm glad I didn't blow $40 when I almost impulse bought it a few months ago.
    Console List: