PSN Down tomorrow For Routine Scheduled Maintenance - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 PM

Default PSN Down tomorrow For Routine Scheduled Maintenance

link
Quote:
Guys, don't worry; the PlayStation Network will be offline almost all day tomorrow, but it's just for standard routine scheduled maintenance. It will be down from approximately 8am until 10pm PST. During the maintenance you won't be able to access the PlayStation Store via your PS3 and PSP, your PlayStation Network Account Management, or PlayStation Network Account Registration.

You also won't be able to sign in to the PSN from us.playstation.com, so don't try to! However, if you still want to play games and get trophies you'll be able to. Your profile will be updated once the PSN is back up and running.

In other words, keep slaying dragons in Skyrim and streaking your way through Saints Row. The PSN will be back up before you know it.
Just a heads up!

Like the link says, dont freak out. It will only be down for a bit, so plan accordingly and maybe its time to focus on the SP of BF3, MW3, U3 and Skyrim!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase View Post
link

Just a heads up!

Like the link says, dont freak out. It will only be down for a bit, so plan accordingly and maybe its time to focus on the SP of BF3, MW3, U3 and Skyrim!
According to what it lists, it doesn't seem to actually list that online play will be unavailable...?

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 11-16-2011, 04:15 PM

I believe you can still play online. They have had updates before where access to the store and account management etc were unavailable, yet you could still play online multiplayer. They've also had updates where you couldn't. Oddly enough, its not really clear on that (the above).
Old 11-16-2011, 04:25 PM

From Shacknews:

Quote:
Sony does note that "some users may be able to play online during the maintenance," but don't count on it.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:27 PM

I'm counting on it. Typically, I get an inbox message from Kevin Butler, vice-president of online/offline, and he usually tells me I'm in the clear due to how much money I've spent on their garba....er..stuff.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
I'm counting on it. Typically, I get an inbox message from Kevin Butler, vice-president of online/offline, and he usually tells me I'm in the clear due to how much money I've spent on their garba....er..stuff.
You get what you pay for?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
According to what it lists, it doesn't seem to actually list that online play will be unavailable...?
I've never been able to play online when they did this in the past. Hopefully we can still game online though!