Resistance fall of man game/demo - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-14-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Resistance fall of man game/demo

Well finally got to play the demo of this on my friends ps3.

Someone please tell me you can change up the stock configurations for the controller. Seriously that was awefull.
Well I had my first chance with the system...Or as my friends refer to it as "just a blu ray player that happens to play games." I asked them to D/L MK2 for me. And it was wonderful
Also got to play the RFoM demo....now having never played it. The control set up SUCKS!! Why on earth would you designate the right bumber the trigger when you have a pefectly good trigger button below it?!! So that was major annoyance 1. 2. Weapons selecting while set up like Gears of War...the button for it does not work for it. 3. Grenades do these things actually explode?? I tossed 3 of them into a nest of those aliens and not one explosion? WTF?? 4. The aiming and covering buttons..stink and should be reversed. 5. Graphics...Being totally objective here but Call of Duty 2 looked better. And I was playing on a 56in 1080p Samsung DLP. This just looked very plain no gritty details etc. This is a war right?? 6. Sound was the only saving grace.
Concept was cool, but the gameplay with the stock controller set up stinks period! Please tell me it can be customized??
Old 07-14-2007, 04:57 PM

No comment...........
Old 07-14-2007, 07:33 PM

wow, someone walked into this game wanting to hate it.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynthnut View Post
Well finally got to play the demo of this on my friends ps3.

Someone please tell me you can change up the stock configurations for the controller. Seriously that was awefull.
Well I had my first chance with the system...Or as my friends refer to it as "just a blu ray player that happens to play games." I asked them to D/L MK2 for me. And it was wonderful
Also got to play the RFoM demo....now having never played it. The control set up SUCKS!! Why on earth would you designate the right bumber the trigger when you have a pefectly good trigger button below it?!! So that was major annoyance 1. 2. Weapons selecting while set up like Gears of War...the button for it does not work for it. 3. Grenades do these things actually explode?? I tossed 3 of them into a nest of those aliens and not one explosion? WTF?? 4. The aiming and covering buttons..stink and should be reversed. 5. Graphics...Being totally objective here but Call of Duty 2 looked better. And I was playing on a 56in 1080p Samsung DLP. This just looked very plain no gritty details etc. This is a war right?? 6. Sound was the only saving grace.
Concept was cool, but the gameplay with the stock controller set up stinks period! Please tell me it can be customized??
1. Yes you can customize your controls
2. To switch weapons, it can't be that hard to tap R2 or hold R2 and the analog stick to change the weapons. (Tapping the trigger changes weapons in multiplayer)
3. Yes the things explode, they have delayed timing....like any other game. In multiplayer, throwing a grenade at the feet of a Chimera will explode on impact.
4. Here's a hint, never use the aiming button (running and shooting has much more purpose), and you can customize
5. Graphics look on par with Call of Duty 2, except Resistance has much more going on, think about it in scope, and in art design.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 07-15-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
1. Yes you can customize your controls
2. To switch weapons, it can't be that hard to tap R2 or hold R2 and the analog stick to change the weapons. (Tapping the trigger changes weapons in multiplayer)
3. Yes the things explode, they have delayed timing....like any other game. In multiplayer, throwing a grenade at the feet of a Chimera will explode on impact.
4. Here's a hint, never use the aiming button (running and shooting has much more purpose), and you can customize
5. Graphics look on par with Call of Duty 2, except Resistance has much more going on, think about it in scope, and in art design.

Well Thank you. Since you're the only one that responded with some help. So I could at least enjoy the game. Unlike others....

I didn't find it hard, I thought the set up was dumb...you have a trigger button. It is a shooter wouldn't make sense to use the trigger??
Nades never blew up....And I am being serious nothing happened.

So thanks for the help I will try it out next time I get to play it.

Last edited by eNoize; 07-16-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Well Thank you. Since you're the only one that responded with some help. So I could at least enjoy the game. Unlike others....

I didn't find it hard, I thought the set up was dumb...you have a trigger button. It is a shooter wouldn't make sense to use the trigger??
Nades never blew up....And I am being serious nothing happened.

So thanks for the help I will try it out next time I get to play it.

For you others...wow just wow... Way to help out a fellow gamer. I ask for help with it.. I get idiotic responces. *Thumbs way up to you guys*
Well, the triggers aren't very good, and you'll probably realize that the more you play it. As for the nades, that's peculiar. Maybe a glitched demo?

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 07-15-2007, 07:07 PM

I was thinking it could be glitched,but even the generic 5 second fuse..nothing happend. I will mess around with the control configs. Hopefully get something I like. I'm used to the standard FPS control scheme of every Xbox FPS. And this just threw me off aswell as my friend.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:20 PM

you start this topic and say absolutely nothing positive about the game. your post history is distinctly unfriendly to the ps3 and BD. some of your criticisms don't even seem to make sense (gfx worse than cod2? grenades don't explode? you can't swap weapons?)... what are we supposed to think?

regardless, the non-exploding grenades thing makes no sense to me. you're sure you're tossing the grenades? and what kind of grenades are you tossing? best i can think of is what onslaught suggested, glitched demo. try renting the game from blockbuster or similar and see how it works in the full game?

re: the controls - /shrug. i come originally from a pc gaming perspective, so the entire idea of using a controller is foreign to me regardless of what the buttons are assigned to. set the controls up as you like em or get used to it.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonshu View Post
you start this topic and say absolutely nothing positive about the game. your post history is distinctly unfriendly to the ps3 and BD. some of your criticisms don't even seem to make sense (gfx worse than cod2? grenades don't explode? you can't swap weapons?)... what are we supposed to think?

regardless, the non-exploding grenades thing makes no sense to me. you're sure you're tossing the grenades? and what kind of grenades are you tossing? best i can think of is what onslaught suggested, glitched demo. try renting the game from blockbuster or similar and see how it works in the full game?

re: the controls - /shrug. i come originally from a pc gaming perspective, so the entire idea of using a controller is foreign to me regardless of what the buttons are assigned to. set the controls up as you like em or get used to it.
How can I say something positive about the game if the experiance was crap to begin with. Aside from what I wrote being the concept (the story), is interesting.

I would assume what ever stock nades are used to begin with.

And yea I found CoD2 graphics to be alot better imo.

Unfriendly to BD? wtf does that mean? What I take it out to dinner and score with it on the 3rd date?? Their are movies on it that I want why the F would I care if it was on HD or F'n 35mm print film. If I want it I'll get it. I can say what ever the hell I want about Sony, MS etc. I don't care about either one aslong as I get some ejoyment out of said product. What I have to make a proclimation that in 5 months I will have a ps3 so everyone here will like me?? Sorry don't think so. But just for you winston buddy I plan on having a ps3 by xmas is that ok with you??

F'n christ...
Old 07-15-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
How can I say something positive about the game if the experiance was crap to begin with. Aside from what I wrote being the concept (the story), is interesting.

I would assume what ever stock nades are used to begin with.

And yea I found CoD2 graphics to be alot better imo.
/shrug. your opinion, fine. i think the graphics are at least equal to cod2.

again, i cannot think of any reason why your nades wouldn't work. have you tried tossing them when no enemies are around? and there's still no explosion?

Quote:
Unfriendly to BD? wtf does that mean? What I take it out to dinner and score with it on the 3rd date?? Their are movies on it that I want why the F would I care if it was on HD or F'n 35mm print film. If I want it I'll get it. I can say what ever the hell I want about Sony, MS etc. I don't care about either one aslong as I get some ejoyment out of said product. What I have to make a proclimation that in 5 months I will have a ps3 so everyone here will like me?? Sorry don't think so. But just for you winston buddy I plan on having a ps3 by xmas is that ok with you??

F'n christ...
it means exactly what it means, and whether or not you choose to get a ps3 doesn't matter to me in the least - why would it? you're only punishing yourself if you don't get it.