Page 101 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 17525
    twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by coldfoot View Post
    That's the point, no one knows so they could have designed it any way they wanted. I have seen much better alien facilities in other games.
    I didn't not have a problem with the layout. It worked and worked well. That's actually one of my favorite parts in the game. In fact, you're the first to mention that section as a problem.

Secondly, what game did it better? I'd really like to know.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Dennis M. is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldfoot View Post
    That's the point, no one knows so they could have designed it any way they wanted. I have seen much better alien facilities in other games.
    It's not the best level of the game but it's not bad by any means. Besides, playing with the super-charged gravity gun is probably one of the most fun things I've ever done in any game.

Blinx123 is offline Member

@[email protected]

Yea. Going to get a 24" LED display (either that, or that massive 27" Sony CRT*) sometime next year (or perhaps for Christmas).

I really want quality though. So far, I've only seen one monitor in my budget (a 24" LG LED monitor) that seemed tempting (i. e. accurate colours, no eye strain, no ghosting). If I could get the same but with the added benefit of 3D, I'm all game.

Might still be keeping my CRT for older games and 2.5D adventure games like The Book of Unwritten Tales (which, unfortunately, doesn't support any 16:9 resolutions).

@Badger

I'm myopic. So anything smaller than the standard icons @ 800x600** strains my eyes. Last time I played King's Bounty, I had headaches for a whole day.

Another thing: I also get very sleepy and/or unconcentrated when using my dad's 23" iMac. Could be the lower frequency or perhaps the radiation from my CRT is doing something. I dunno.

*I'm just a CRT guy, I suppose. While I do like my 47" Full-HD LCD (which I was going to use for console ports), colours, geometry and relative resolution of a CRT are just more to my liking.

**Which is akin to 1024x768 @ 125% font size
    PSN/XBL: BLINX1234

Bernie 2016!

Interim Project Leader @ Platinum Arts

Currently working on the next generation of Platinum Arts Sandbox.
    An easy to use, multi-platform gaming engine for Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux (next generation console releases TBA)

Badger3920 is offline Member

Seems probably like subconscious CRT bias as you suggest. Even in larger resolutions - for many things you can select larger font sizes (probably untrue in most games), but obviously for most of your applications and your desktop etc.

In gaming, the font is large anyway - so I don't see you coming across issues there.

Also, you don't need a monitor that breaks the bank for quality. You should probably start with a 22" or maybe 24". There are many qualitly LED's in that size with adjustable brightness for eye comfort, and sub $300.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920;2263178[B
    ]Seems probably like subconscious CRT bias as you suggest[/B]. Even in larger resolutions - for many things you can select larger font sizes (probably untrue in most games), but obviously for most of your applications and your desktop etc.

In gaming, the font is large anyway - so I don't see you coming across issues there.

Also, you don't need a monitor that breaks the bank for quality. You should probably start with a 22" or maybe 24". There are many qualitly LED's in that size with adjustable brightness for eye comfort, and sub $300.
    Well. Either that, or the fact that I never really came across an inexpensive quality IPS panel before. Glossy TN panels are no alternative to a high quality CRT.

I think that's the one I was looking at the other day at a local electronics store and that I really liked.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-IPS236V-108...0697767&sr=8-1

Bernie 2016!

An easy to use, multi-platform gaming engine for Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux (next generation console releases TBA)

Wednesday is the day for me to crack open my case and get the dremel out and make some nice new wire holes. Not liking my wiring I currently have so I figure I can make it look nice and increase my cooling at the same time. Also will get the reseat my CPU and apply better thermal paste and install the new HDD and re-install Windows 7 on a much faster HDD.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
    Well. Either that, or the fact that I never really came across an inexpensive quality IPS panel before. Glossy TN panels are no alternative to a high quality CRT.

I think that's the one I was looking at the other day at a local electronics store and that I really liked.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-IPS236V-108...0697767&sr=8-1
    Yeah price on that is pretty reasonable. Just cancel that 105 euro order you have on whatever other game that is you talked about in another thread, and downgrade 3 or 4 of your CE preorders to regular editions, and the monitor is free
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Wednesday is the day for me to crack open my case and get the dremel out and make some nice new wire holes. Not liking my wiring I currently have so I figure I can make it look nice and increase my cooling at the same time. Also will get the reseat my CPU and apply better thermal paste and install the new HDD and re-install Windows 7 on a much faster HDD.
    Nice, let us know how it goes man

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Yeah price on that is pretty reasonable. Just cancel that 105 euro order you have on whatever other game that is you talked about in another thread, and downgrade 3 or 4 of your CE preorders to regular editions, and the monitor is free
    Already cancelled Anno 2070 and Batman Arkham City, so money shouldn't be the issue.

That Gunlord Dragonbox CE (the 105 euro Dreamcast game) is part of my 2012 "campaign", so it doesn't have anything to do with the money I'm spending the remaining 2 months of 2011. I'm only buying one Sega Dreamcast game each year, so I won't cancel that one.

The decision to be made is pretty much between the monitor, the VIP3D kit or a LASIK surgery.
    Albeit, I could probably make a compromise. The LG monitor without 3D, VIP 3D's low end "3D Displayer" alongside some inexpensive Sony glasses and a pair of contact lenses.

Yea. I know. I'm spoiled.
    If it wasn't for that thick British accent, I would almost think me as a stereotypical US American. Lol.

EDIT: It's not even 2 CEs, btw. The Skyrim CE alone already sets me back as much as the 23" model without 3D (in-store pick-up).

Bernie 2016!

EDIT: It's not even 2 CEs, btw. The Skyrim CE alone already sets me back as much as the 23" model without 3D (in-store pick-up).
    Oh man I think you might need help lol. I tried!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Oh man I think you might need help lol. I tried!
    Actually, you succeeded.
    I cancelled most other overly expensive CE this year.

It's just that I really want that thick book, the OST and release day shipping.
    I needed to pre-order the CE to get all three.

Regardless. The list of games/movies I didn't buy this year is remotely bigger than the list of games/movies I did buy.

You should be proud of yourself. LMAO.

Bernie 2016!

Favelle is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Nice dude! Post some pics as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

You guys think I'll be able to play Skyrim on [email protected] with that Intel HD 3000?
    You will probably end up playing Skyrim: The Interactive Slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
    You will probably end up playing Skyrim: The Interactive Slideshow
    It really isn't that bad. Really.

Mine (overclocked by 55%) runs most games (including Rage) just fine. In fact, I can see no difference between this and the 560 TI. At least in RAGE, both basically perform the same (the 560 TI got better AA and AF, of course).

Now Final Fantasy XIV, that's another story.

Bernie 2016!

Tnecniv is offline Member

Kinda late comment, but sweet sweet HL2 pics twonun! I haven't played it as much on PC as I would like but FWIW, before I built my rig I must've easily put over 100hours in it on the 360 Orange Box. Definitely look forward to playing through HL2 + both eps again on PC a few more times--visuals have aged well and love being able to crank up the settings particularly for AA, Resolution not to mention smooth 60fps & vsync, coming from the 360, it's like playing a great HD remake of it.
    Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen.

We're breeding a race of moral midgets.