Blue Dragon Demo out - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-11-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Blue Dragon Demo out

Title said it all.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:58 AM

seems neat.. i'm a bit turned off by the DBZ like visuals (i haaaaaaate that show )

I've heard that the game itself is a bit easy..

not sure if the demo will tell the whole tale, what's your opinion of it so far?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:00 AM

I like DBZ but I havent played it yet. Im not home and when I get home Ill downloaded while i try the NCAA 08 demo
Old 07-11-2007, 02:38 AM

well i should clarify.. I liked like, the first season of DBZ... after... however many seasons there are now.. with virtually no change in the overall plot of the show... it started sucking...

basically, same story.. different guys, getting SOMEHOW.. more and more insanely powerful..

i dunno, it just got really old after awhile, and that's when the big "omg dbz!" craze hit, and it seems everyone was into it... it got super annoying, and ruined the show for me

it made it hard to play DQ8 on the ps2... cuz the main character reminded me of Goku (there's even a "saiyan-like" powerup) but I got over it cuz the game was amazing..
Old 07-11-2007, 02:40 AM

let's not forget how an entire episode of DBZ would consist of one character breathing hard while charging up for an attack.

very. exciting.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 AM

I was more into the Dragonball manga than the anime...but regardless I'm a big fan of Toriyama-san's art style which Blue Dragon is nothing but. Downloaded the demo overnight so hopefully I'll have some time later tonight to check it out.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:37 AM

I liked it...though to "kiddish" I was hoping their would have been a lost oddessy demo.

I may rent it down the road though when I don't have anything on my plate.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cieljek View Post
well i should clarify.. I liked like, the first season of DBZ... after... however many seasons there are now.. with virtually no change in the overall plot of the show... it started sucking...

basically, same story.. different guys, getting SOMEHOW.. more and more insanely powerful..

i dunno, it just got really old after awhile, and that's when the big "omg dbz!" craze hit, and it seems everyone was into it... it got super annoying, and ruined the show for me

it made it hard to play DQ8 on the ps2... cuz the main character reminded me of Goku (there's even a "saiyan-like" powerup) but I got over it cuz the game was amazing..
I'm a big fan of anime, and Japanese animation in general, but I HATED that show, and I didn't care for the art style at all, it's a bit cheezy IMO. However the game does look cool. I'll hopefully be playing the demo this weekend.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:14 PM

I was finally able to try out the demo over the weekend. Not to bad. I noticed they kind of overpowered the characters though making the fights incredibly easy but the animation and graphics were smooth and the music was pretty decent.