Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    KageMaru is offline Member

Default New Tomb Raider Info

Shamelessly stolen from GAF:

Info from Game Informer
    - Lara is 21 in this game
    - It's not only a reboot of the franchise but a reboot of the entire brand. As a result there will be no "real" Lara model this time.
    - They're doing performance capturing with this game
    - There are brutal deaths in the game this time. One is described as a deranged man stabbing Lara in the chest and then closing her eyes after she's dead. Another includes a boulder falling on her leg to trap her before another falls and crushes her head.
    - CD won't talk specifics on weapons but concept art shows a bow, shotgun and pistol
    - The lock on targeting system is gone and it now has a free aim system. CD says that it can compete with any of their competitors.
    - "I think that the major difference between this game and the old is the concept of smoke and mirrors," begins Darrell Gallagher, the studio head at Crystal Dynamics. "There was an illusion of freedom because of streaming and loading that would pop you out in a different location, but this is absolutely real. You can literally go any direction that you see and carve your own way to the finish line instead of being guide."
    - "It was important in the game to not only deliver the character arc of Lara Croft emotionally, but to deliver it in gameplay as well so the player gets to grow into a hardened survivor," says experienced director Noah Hughes. As the game unfolds, Lara will scavenge new tools and gear that augment her abilities. Lara's athletic prowess will also evolve. Some areas begin inaccessible due to physical limitations or scarce supplies. With the right skills and gear, however, the island is Lara's for the taking.
    - There are base camps in the game. Here you can combine items to create something new and access a skill system to upgrade Lara's abilities. You'll also be able to use base camps to fast travel to different locations to minimize backtracking.
    - You'll need to gather food and water in order to survive
    - There are humans in the game, including some of the crew members from the shipwreck off the coast of the island.

That's about it. It seems like CD is still be fairly secretive about the gameplay details. There are some nice in-game screenshots. One features Lara hanging upside down in what looks to be a cocoon. Also several screenshots showing her bloodied and with bandages on.

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix, Inc., is excited today to announce TOMB RAIDER®,
    the new game from Redwood City based studio Crystal Dynamics®.

'After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was travelling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore
    on an unknown beach. On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive'

Here begins the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey
    of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive.

"Forget everything you knew about TOMB RAIDER," said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Studio, Crystal Dynamics.
    "This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."

TOMB RAIDER makes its worldwide debut in the January issue of Game Informer® magazine. The cover story
    features 10 pages of exclusive content and is available beginning today for subscribers and on newsstands
    December 11. Follow Game Informer on Twitter @GameInformer.

Follow TOMB RAIDER on Twitter @TombRaider. For more information on TOMB RAIDER please visit www.TombRaider.com.
    If they can pull off this metroidvania type design, this could be something awesome. Loved the TR games this gen, so hopefully CD pulls this off.

So, this is what, like the 3rd or 4th "reboot" of Lara Croft?
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Almril is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    They've said they've done a reboot before, but it was really just an update of the graphics engine with the same main character. I'm a Tomb Raider fanboy, so I'll be all over this.
    Quiverstar
    Crablice

KageMaru is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    I think this is only the second reboot for CD. The previous reboot was more about reviving faith in the series IMO. The series went from a broken mess with Core's Angel of Darkness to the awesome Tomb Raider Legends from CD.

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

They probably are going to decrease her cup size.

PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

Bane is offline Member

Lara Croft + Green Arrow's origin = hit?.

Seriously though, what little was told about it has me intrigued, and that's coming from someone whose only liked TR game is the download title from this year.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

RedRedSuit is offline Member

It's very hard to get excited about anything Tomb Raider.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

well didn't you just set yourself up for a gay joke.

nmcmahan52 is offline Member

I think the last one I played was 2, a long time ago in a galaxy that surprisingly looks like this one

PSN/Steam/Live: nmcmahan52

Quote Originally Posted by KTA View Post
    well didn't you just set yourself up for a gay joke.
    Have at it!

On a more serious note, I feel that if they make Tomb Raider is made A LOT edgier (more sex and violence, a-la Fear Effect), it might actually catch on again.
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

Favelle is offline Member

Last one I played was the original. 1998? Something like that. Ran smooth on my Pentium 133mhz, LOL!
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Have at it!

On a more serious note, I feel that if they make Tomb Raider is made A LOT edgier (more sex and violence, a-la Fear Effect), it might actually catch on again.

You trying to redeem yourself after the use of the words, "Hard and Excited?"
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

You trying to redeem yourself after the use of the words, "Hard and Excited?"
    Like I said, do have at it.

Silentmist is offline Member

I'm glad I haven't played one since part 2. The series hasn't fallen apart in my mind yet lol. All the bad reviews have kept me away from the installments since then.
    My Entertainment
    Looking to trade for or buy Mission Impossible Trilogy on Blu!
    Playstation 3 (Demon's Souls)
    FF7 PsP (Persona)
    Nintendo Wii (Fire Emblem)
    Nintendo DS (Final Fantasy IV)
    PSN ID : Socrates81 (Add me if you are down for Demon's Souls or RE5)

Legends is actually pretty damn good.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast