Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master X is offline Member

Default Hulu Plus coming to PS3 (July 2010) and Xbox 360 (Early 2011)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/29/hu...in-early-2011/
    Finally. FINALLY. Hulu comes to game consoles. Hulu's just-announced $9.99/month Hulu Plus service, available now on PC, iPhone, and other devices, will be visible on PlayStation 3 systems "soon" -- July, according to the Hulu Plus guided tour. In addition, it'll launch on Xbox 360 sometime in early 2011. The company has yet to announce a release date for the service, although if it'll be available on PS3 in July, that provides a pretty good clue. In the meantime, you can request an invitation to an early preview here.

In addition to enabling playback on various boxes, Hulu Plus features full seasons of current ABC, NBC, and Fox television shows, in HD -- none of that "five trailing episodes" business. Learn more about the new Hulu Plus service here. If you need us, we'll be gathering more information about this service, and also canceling our cable TV.
    Info on Hulu for 360
    Following Hulu's announcement of its new pay service, which will support devices like the PS3, Xbox 360, and iPhone, Microsoft filled us in on a bit of info about the Xbox version of Hulu Plus. Most importantly, Microsoft is continuing its ongoing quest to make Xbox Live Silver members feel deep shame, by making the Hulu Plus service on Xbox available only to those with an Xbox Live Gold account.

For the extra cash, though, Microsoft promises that this won't be a straight port. Instead, "Hulu Plus on Xbox 360 will take advantage of the social connectivity possible with our 25 million member Xbox Live community as well as the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360." So we'll break it down for you: While PS3 owners can enjoy Hulu Plus as early as next month, Xbox owners will have to wait until "early 2011" to get "controller-free navigation" with Kinect and Xbox Live Party support, so your Xbox Live friends can refuse your invitations to watch Quantum Leap together.

Full statement from Microsoft after the break.

The entertainment options on Xbox 360 continue to grow. Today, Hulu announced that its new subscription service, Hulu Plus, will be available on Xbox 360.

We're incredibly excited to bring Hulu Plus and its amazing library of entertainment to Xbox LIVE. Hulu Plus joins our ever-expanding entertainment offerings on Xbox 360, which currently includes Netflix, Last.fm and Zune Video. Starting this November, Xbox 360 will also be the only console to deliver 3500 live sporting events from ESPN3.com.

Like ESPN, Hulu Plus on Xbox 360 will take advantage of the social connectivity possible with our 25 million member Xbox LIVE community as well as the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360. We are committed to delivering signature features to the Hulu Plus experience on Xbox 360, like controller-free navigation with Kinect and Xbox LIVE Parties so you can watch with friends no matter where they are. These are custom entertainment experiences for Xbox 360 that you can't find anywhere else. More details will be announced at a later time.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/29/hu...stricted-to-x/
    Xbox Live : AXIOS x117x

jetthead is offline Member

Nice. With ESPN & now Hulu, I may end up finally upgrading my Silver status.
    LG BH200

Bane is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
    Nice. With ESPN & now Hulu, I may end up finally upgrading my Silver status.
    Why not just do Hulu on your PS3?
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

jetthead is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    I like the idea of having both ESPN3 & Hulu on the same box. I may go with the PS3 Hulu until it launches on Xbox next year though...
    LG BH200

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    If it's anything like Netflix on the PS3, then it's going to be better on the 360. It's not that Netflix is unusable. That'd be a lie. However, it's definitely better on the 360. Though, it's not a reason to upgrade to Gold. There's plenty of other reasons why.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

KTA
    KTA is offline Member

Hulu parties could be epic.

Dr_Teeth is offline Member

does the PS3 have enough ram to use hulu? I tried watching Dr Horribles on hulu/ps3 and it was choppy as all hell.
    I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpanzee. No, you'll never make a monkey out of me!

maley is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Teeth View Post
    does the PS3 have enough ram to use hulu? I tried watching Dr Horribles on hulu/ps3 and it was choppy as all hell.
    I would imagine the reason it isn't launching w/ the ipod/ipad version is to make a Playstation specific one.

BBM128 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Teeth View Post
    Did you have to use the PS3 browser to use Hulu, previously?
    +32in Sanyo Vizon
    +: 24 (Now Playing: Various)
    +: 7 (Now Playing: )
    +PSP: 9 (Now playing: )
    +PSN/XBL: Radant128 (When you add me, lemme know you're from HDD)

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:

Dr_Teeth is offline Member

yeah i used the PS3 browser. two episodes worked fine after that things went to hell.
    I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpanzee. No, you'll never make a monkey out of me!

Pyrochaos is offline Member

Any idea on pricing? It might be worth ditching cable if this offers enough of the shows I want.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    Any idea on pricing? It might be worth ditching cable if this offers enough of the shows I want.
    I think they said $9.99 per month, plus whatever price you need to pay on each respective console to access it.

It's also mostly, if not all, network television shows. In my opinion, not quite enough to completely replace cable...But everyone is different.

D_Strasse is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    If it's anything like Netflix on the PS3, then it's going to be better on the 360. It's not that Netflix is unusable. That'd be a lie. However, it's definitely better on the 360. Though, it's not a reason to upgrade to Gold. There's plenty of other reasons why.
    Ok, now that I have both I can honestly say that Netflix IS better on the 360 but I would never pay for the fifty spot for it. In fact, I basically wasn't going to pay $30 or $35 for it, but a buddy of mine has the hookup so I forked out a year for $25. And I am debating the value in that.

Also, where the f is 1 vs 100???? (I can't find anything on that thing).

Oh, if this service offers cable news programs I will be officially over cable. I don't need those live and the major live stuff I can get off my digital antenna.

Master X is offline Member

Via joystiq. Gotta have psn plus to get hulu plus.
    http://i.joystiq.com/2010/06/30/hulu...ystation-plus/

edit
    Last edited by Master X; 06-30-2010 at 08:12 PM.
    Xbox Live : AXIOS x117x

Bane is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    Via joystiq. Gotta have psn plus to get July.
    http://i.joystiq.com/2010/06/30/hulu...ystation-plus/
    Fuck you Sony! Now you need PSN+ just to get next month?

Greedy bitches.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast