Privates: A Game about the dangers of a World where the Sun doesn’t shine - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Default Privates: A Game about the dangers of a World where the Sun doesn’t shine

Quote:
A BIT CLOSE TO THE BONE: Zombie Cow Studios and Channel 4 offer FIRST LOOK at new game ‘Privates’, which aims to poke a little light where the sun doesn’t shine.

BRITAIN. Land of Hope and Glory-holes. Where pregnant, waddling teenagers take up the full width of the pavement with their oversized triplet pushchairs, unaware that their rampant, perpetual humping has filled them to the brim with all manner of grotty infections.

Privates is a platform twin-stick shooter in which you lead a teeny-tiny gang of condom-hatted marines as they delve into peoples’ vaginas and bottoms and blast away at all manner of oozy, shouty monsters. It’s rude, funny, bitingly satirical and technically pretty accurate if you don’t count the tiny people or the germs with teeth.

Privates is a totally crazy concept. It’s very exciting to finally be able to reveal what we’re up to,” said Dan Marshall, founder of Zombie Cow Studios. “We’re exploring some pretty unique gaming environments and themes… I can honestly say I can’t imagine you’ve ever played anything quite like it. These first five screenshots should give you a pretty good idea of what we’re up to, but there’s a hell of a lot more to come soon.”

“Channel 4 have been awesome in giving us a load of money and then keeping pretty quiet no matter how filthy and objectionable the content became. It’s gone really well.”

Privates boasts five whole levels of bug-busting action across a variety of gorgeous 3D locations, with a fully-voiced comedy script and a nutso soundtrack. You never know, you might even learn something handy about your downstairs-department.

Privates contains the word ‘merkin’ and is a PC and Xbox360 download developed by Zombie Cow Studios, creators of the critically-acclaimed indie title Time Gentlemen, Please!

The PC version will be available to download for free from Channel 4 and E4 websites this summer. The Xbox one will probably cost a little bit of money, we’ll see.
I don't know what to say...

http://www.zombie-cow.com/?page_id=807
Old 05-14-2010, 10:15 AM

I'm not sure how much fun that would be. I am all for people trying to be offensive and all that, but I am just not sure that it sounds fun.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:18 AM

On another note... what the hell does this even mean and why is this included in the press note:

"Privates contains the word ‘merkin’..."

Am I to understand that they are attempting to attack or make fun of Americans in some way or for some silly reason? That term is used by people who try to paint Americans as back-woods bumpkins, so I don't understand what it has to do with the game.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
On another note... what the hell does this even mean and why is this included in the press note:

"Privates contains the word ‘merkin’..."

Am I to understand that they are attempting to attack or make fun of Americans in some way or for some silly reason? That term is used by people who try to paint Americans as back-woods bumpkins, so I don't understand what it has to do with the game.
That's not what they mean...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

Old 05-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
That's not what they mean...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

Ahhhhh... I had never heard that term.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Blinx, is that you?