Record of Agarest War - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-04-2010, 05:29 PM

Default Record of Agarest War

Living in the U.S. (having a U.S. PS3) and wanting to purchase this game for the PS3, I have a few questions:

1. Would it be wise to wait for the PSN release or buy it from the UK at a price of around $33 plus shipping (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B..._rd_i=468294)? I am a huge fan of having the case and manual to games also.

2. If I bought the UK version would I be able to get Trophies?

3. Should I just get the 360 version when released even though it will be a port and probably be $60? (Damn, I am such a Trophy whore...)
Old 03-04-2010, 05:51 PM

UK PS3 version and the US PS3 PSN version are not the same.

the US version is the port of the JP 360 version... that was released after the JP PS3 version and so has extra content... content isnt much but still...

If you dont mind the missing costumes etc... and want a hard copy the UK version should have trophies, not sure not from the UK

The 360 version is coming out with a LE packaging that has physical goodies... check out Gamestop for the info.

PSN version will be much cheaper but will be the game only via DL.

Personally I am skipping the game since I dont like how Arksys is handling this... feel that they are giving PS3 owners in the US the shaft by not releasing this on disc. This will be the 2nd game they have opted to not release on disc in the US for the PS3 where the same game is being published on disc when it's been licensed/published by someone else.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM

If you import the British versions there's no trophies.