Anyone trying these new JRPG's? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 PM

Default Anyone trying these new JRPG's?

Here's some JRPG's I'm not sure everyone knows are coming or have come. I'm also not surprised many of the new JRPG's are coming out for the Wii instead of the newer consoles.

Wii:
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga
Shiren the Wanderer
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
Arc Rise Fantasia
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

PS3:
Resonance of Fate

360:
Record of Argarest War
Resonance of Fate

Last edited by Godstar; 03-03-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:16 PM

I'll be buying two copies at least of the PS2 version Godstar. I won't be keeping either the game and just the artbook for myself, unless it's terribly shitty. I'll just buy the import to play
End Of Eternity I'm going Japanese(aka Resonance Of Fate) which looks promising. I def. want Arc Rise and Fragile but Japanese. I might be waiting, so as to purchase that new Nintendo game over in Japan which has that Norse Mythology storyline. It happens to be a bit bloody so it's a must import considering Nintendo owns the rights and it will likely be censored when it hits here.
Phantom Brave is either a remake(not as likely) or an expansion on the PS2 Phantom Brave(more likely). If you're a fan of Nippon Ichi stuff and liked the style of gameplay in Phantom Brave specifically then I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Fragile looks different, to say the least. Not a Horror RPG but slightly scary I'm guessing, more with the idea you're one of the few living people around.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:17 PM

I wanted to get Resonance of Fate on 360, but I just have too many games to play right now. Plus, sadly, it will be overshadowed by FFXIII.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:18 PM

I plan to check out Resonance of Fate at some point.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
I wanted to get Resonance of Fate on 360, but I just have too many games to play right now. Plus, sadly, it will be overshadowed by FFXIII.
I usually get JRPG's around release because they usually don't produce many of them, and they end up being hard to find later on.

I'm surprised Shoeless hasn't mentioned alot of the Wii titles since I know he bought Baroque (a.k.a Broke).
Old 03-03-2010, 03:25 PM

The only one I can think of off the top of my head I'm really "excited" for is the new entry in the xeno series that's coming for wii. I might have to dust off my wii when that comes out.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
I usually get JRPG's around release because they usually don't produce many of them, and they end up being hard to find later on.

I'm surprised Shoeless hasn't mentioned alot of the Wii titles since I know he bought Baroque (a.k.a Broke).
That may be true with Atlus games or smaller publishers, but this is still Sega and probably has a pretty decent sized release.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
That may be true with Atlus games or smaller publishers, but this is still Sega and probably has a pretty decent sized release.
Yeah, I'm mostly thinking of Atlus and NIS games. Sega, well they have no problem publishing hordes of a title.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Wii:
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga - Already out but horrible reviews. I'll be passing.
Shiren the Wanderer - Heard it was supposed to be a Rogue like game but didn't look very interesting.
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love - I have the PS2 version preordered.
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again - Consider this to be a very weak entry from Nippon Ichi. I have no intention of buying the port ( I think I remember hearing it actually loses the Japanese language track present in the PS2 version as well. )
Arc Rise Fantasia - Waiting on reviews.
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - Waiting on reviews.

PS3:
Resonance of Fate - preordered

360:
Record of Argarest War - Already beaten the PS3 version
Resonance of Fate
Old 03-03-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
360:
Record of Argarest War
Resonance of Fate
I will be getting both of these.

And you forgot the most important one:

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the DS comes out on March 23rd.