Hey, Playstation Home Is Sleazy Too! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Hey, Playstation Home Is Sleazy Too!

SOURCE

Quote:
Cops in Oklahoma City are looking for a 43-year-old woman who they say met a 14-year-old boy in PlayStation Home and ... yep, you can see where this is headed.

Authorities say the woman, Annamay Alexander of Deltona, Fla. (It's always Florida ...) met this boy via Home and sent him some terms-of-use violating messages, such as a picture of her in her underwear. In early January she drove up to Oklahoma City to seduce him.

An affidavit says Alexander later met the boy's mother under the ruse of talking about the boy's desire to marry her daughter. This flipped out the mom, as you can well imagine (she wasn't told the daughter was 9, either). She told Alexander GTFO and never speak to her son again. Alexander didn't follow the instructions. Mom later intercepted two phone calls from Alexander, then found sexy texts on his cell and PlayStation, plus the aforementioned picture.

Alexander, who is a married mother of three, referred to herself as the boy's wife and left subtle messages such as: "My body is yours to do whatever you want with," and "I love you and we are going to get married." The victim then confessed to having a sexual relationship with her and is said to be suicidal now. Alexander is looking at stalking and statutory rape charges but is still at large.

This is a harrowing story for any parent; it's creepy and gross to me, and not just because this obviously unhinged woman looks like Dennis Quaid in a wig. But if Home is to blame then so is the phone company.
There's a perverse side of me that wishes I could find out what her PSN name is so I can check her trophy list.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:10 PM

yes this has been avoided time & time again on XBL because the 14 year old boys react by telling the lady she's an "old hairy bitch and to suck my ballz noob".

Seriously though that is some creepy shit.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:11 PM

Looks like this woman was taking notes from BBM. A shame she didn't take the "don't get caught" to heart.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:11 PM

uh.... wtf. That's... just weird. Kinda gross too...
Old 02-21-2010, 02:16 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
uh.... wtf. That's... just weird. Kinda gross too...
Yeah, but it's Home. It happens. Maybe not with a 43 year old woman, but that sterile, sunny environment is just a thin layer of shiny paint over a grotty pick up bar. The kind of conversations you can eavesdrop on in Home can be pretty amazing sometimes.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Yeah, but it's Home. It happens. Maybe not with a 43 year old woman, but that sterile, sunny environment is just a thin layer of shiny paint over a grotty pick up bar. The kind of conversations you can eavesdrop on in Home can be pretty amazing sometimes.
Yeah. I've used it about four times. I find it to be a waste of space to be honest. Sony doesnt have half the shit in home that they promised. All I wanted from Home was my virtual trophy gallery.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM

I don't quite get that part

Quote:
The victim then confessed to having a sexual relationship with her and is said to be suicidal now
How can a 14 year old (willingly) have a sexual relationship with a 43 year old psychopath who's looking like a damn bulldog?

The most gross and screwed part isn't the whole psychopath story, it's her face.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
Yeah. I've used it about four times. I find it to be a waste of space to be honest. Sony doesnt have half the shit in home that they promised. All I wanted from Home was my virtual trophy gallery.
+2 I used Home twice I think before deleting it. Total waste of space and cuts into gaming time.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
. The kind of conversations you can eavesdrop on in Home can be pretty amazing sometimes.
You can eavesdrop in peoples coversations? Kinda creepy...
Old 02-21-2010, 07:11 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
You can eavesdrop in peoples coversations? Kinda creepy...
Well, not exactly. I mean if people are using the "private phone" function to voice chat with each other, you can't hear that. But people will simply type out the dumbest or creepiest things "in public" that's free for everyone to read.