PS3/PSN Recommendations - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 PM

PS3/PSN Recommendations

Hello all I am looking for some PS3/PSN Recommendations. I am debating on Siren: Blood Curse, Bomberman Ultra, Peggle+DLC all from the PSN store. As for PS3, I've already played a few games and realized there are too many shooter games so is there anything else to play besides that? PS3 games I currently have: Cod Mw2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Little Big Planet, Socom Confrontation, Uncharted 2, Burnout Paradise, Metal Gear Solid 4. Anything I should check out from the PSN Store? How is the dlc for Bioshock the challenge rooms that are exclusive to ps3??
Old 02-19-2010, 04:13 AM

Here's a couple

Infamous, Assassin's Creed 1/2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Borderlands, Demon Souls, Fallout 3, Oblivion, God of War Collection, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1/2, Prince of Persia, Wolverine, Valkyria Chronicles
Old 02-19-2010, 04:28 AM
HDD Contributor

Flow and Flower. Those are about as anti-shooter as you can possibly get. Also, Blue Toad Mystery Murders, if you're into old whodunit board games such as Clue, Blue Toad is basically that. It's already available on the European PSN and is coming to the North American one next month.

Oh, and Wipeout HD. I cannot recommend that enough if you're looking for the best futuristic racer of the current generation.

And Rock Band. Also a must own for people sick of shooters.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Flow and Flower. Those are about as anti-shooter as you can possibly get. Also, Blue Toad Mystery Murders, if you're into old whodunit board games such as Clue, Blue Toad is basically that. It's already available on the European PSN and is coming to the North American one next month.

Oh, and Wipeout HD. I cannot recommend that enough if you're looking for the best futuristic racer of the current generation.

And Rock Band. Also a must own for people sick of shooters.
I'll second Flower, that was an incredibly enjoyable and relaxing game.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:42 AM

PSN games I personally have and would recommend:

Pixeljunk series: Pixeljunk Eden, Pixeljunk Flow, Pixeljunk Monsters and Pixeljunk Shooter. All are unique games...Monsters is a tower defense game that is pretty fun and offers 2 player local co-op. Both Eden and Flow are games that really can't be assigned a genre, and they are both games that people either really enjoy or really can't stand...They are both very slow, casual games - but I found them enjoyable. Pixeljunk shooter is their latest, and it's a physics based space-ship shooter type game that is really, really cool.

If you like pool - Hustle Kings and Inferno Pool aren't to bad. Hustle Kings is really good for a pool game and is more or less traditional pool with varying game modes..Inferno Pool is more arcade'ish, and has a unique 'inferno' game mode which is just a different twist on pool. It also has the standard 8 and 9 ball games. I personally like hustle kings a little better, but they are both decent.

Peggle and Peggle Nights, which you mentioned, are both pretty cool. It's peggle, so you probably know what you are getting. Worth a pick up, imo.

Lumines Supernova is another puzzle game that I'd recommend, along with Critter Crunch. Cuboid is a puzzler that alot of people really like, but I don't personally have it so I can't personally vouch for it. Everything I've seen and heard of it looks good though...Just one of those games that I keep meaning to get but never have.

Flower, as already mentioned is a must. I'll say it again..it's a must. I will warn you though that it is not a shooter or action-oriented title at all, and is another one of those games that can't really be assigned a genre. It only uses the six-axis motion control, but its the best game to utilize it yet. Awesome, awesome game.

Braid is a must. It's a platform puzzler. awesome game.

Trine is really good, too. It's sort of a hack and slash/puzzler involving a wizard, a thief and a knight. Fun game

Uno - if you like...uno.

Fat Princess is pretty entertaining. It's mostly an online versus campaign, so I'm not sure what the community is like since its been out for awhile. I liked the game, but just never played much of it because of other things coming out. I need to get back into it and get those damn trophys. It's a unique premise, where each team tries to get back their princess, who has been kidnapped by the other team. You feed the princess cake and try to keep her fat, so she is hard to carry away if the other team breaks through your defenses at your castle and tries to take her back.

Zen Pinball is a decent pinball game, with a few dlc tables out now. It also has eyetoy functionality and you can see your opponent on cam and vice-versa if you have one.

Bejewled 2 - another puzzler. Probably know what it is, as its insanely popular on every platform known to man. It's fun.

High-Velocity Bowling isn't to bad...It uses the six-axis to simulate the bowling motion, so you can pretend you have a wii with really good graphics. also has custom soundtracks and online vs modes.

Shatter is fun as hell. It's basically a breakout type game, but on steroids. Excellent game.

Thats most of the PSN games that I have and would actually recommend..I have more, but just wouldn't really recommend them.

Do you not like shooters, or just tired of them? You should give Killzone 2 a shot. It's a bald space marine shooter like most everything else, but its pretty wicked. Its essentially a graphical showcase...it's a fun game

If you like racers - You absolutely cannot go wrong with Motorstorm Pacific Rift. Gorgeous arcade off-road racer. Insanely fun...can be brutally hard, too. Pacific Rift is the latest...there is a Motorstorm 1, but I'd skip it and just go with the latest Pacific Rift.

Buzz Quiz World - if you like trivia games. Not sure if you are married or have a significant other, but its a great game that a few people can get together and play. Quiz World is the latest one and offers a few upgrades over the first Buzz Quiz TV game.

I'll second Infamous

also - ghostbusters and Batman. Batman on PS3 has some exclusive Joker challenge maps where you can play as the joker. should be free.

The Bioshock dlc isn't to bad. It's basically all strategy for the most part. It's not a campagin or anything at all. They basically throw you in rooms of varying enemies and you have to figure out how to get out. I think I made it out of two of them.

Bayonetta is excellent. 3rd person button-mashing fighter ala Devil May Cry. Gorgeous, fun game.

Going back to shooters - Resistance and Resistance 2. Fun shooters, with R2 being a really good looking game. sounds like you are over shooters, but I have to put them on the list.

I can think of many more, but I'd hate to list a bunch of shit that you may already have on a 360 or something. You didn't mention another console, so I'm assuming you have just the Ps3.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:44 AM

Flower is one of the best games on the PS3. Everyone should play it, especially since it's cheap. Wipeout HD is also great, as Shoeless said.

Check out Nobby Nobby Boy and Pixel Junk Eden.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 AM

Super Rub-a-Dub is the game to beat!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Super Rub-a-Dub is the game to beat!
haha...there is some duck game. I didn't think it was called that, but maybe it is. It's old, I remember seeing it on the store when i first got the ps3.

you haven't checked the store lately, have you? Like..in the past 2 years

Edit - fuck you and your ninja edit too.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
haha...there is some duck game. I didn't think it was called that, but maybe it is. It's old, I remember seeing it on the store when i first got the ps3.

you haven't checked the store lately, have you? Like..in the past 2 years

Edit - fuck you and your ninja edit too.

Yeah... I had to turn the PS3 on to find out the game name. I bought it for my son a few years ago.

That game shows the true power of the PS3!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 AM

I'm sticking to this one!!!

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Super_Rub_a_Dub