Heavy Rain Demo - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM

Default Heavy Rain Demo

I am downloading this right now. I wasn't to sure if I wanted to download this because I am getting this game for sure. And I hate playing these demos and wanting more (which I know is there job) or just sucking big ass.
But I am going to chance it.
Any thoughts on the Heavy Rain Demo?
I will post mine once it finishes down loading and I get a play through a couple times.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:34 PM

It was weird as hell at first. The controls just felt clunky but after a while it all started to flow and I was really impressed. I was pretty unsure about the game before playing the demo but I will probably buy it at some point now.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 PM

Really liked this. The voice work ain't oscar worthy, and the controls are a bit odd...but, it all works really well with the design and interactive storytelling to create a particularly atmospheric and immersive experience. Well, that's the impression I got from the demo. Hopefully the whole narrative is good, but I really liked this. Though it's...quite unique...more like a modern old school adventure game, so I imagine it won't be everyone's cup of tea. But man...it's perfect for me, I can't wait for a full game like this.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:24 AM

Awesome. Really look forward to this.

Voice work in English is pure shit. I set it to French with English subs, and it was good!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:29 AM

Just got finished with the demo. Next time through I will have to try setting it to French. Didn't know you could do that.
Controls will take a bit to get used to. But always looking for something a little bit different. Even if not for me, it's good to know that there are some game developers out there trying to make original games. Only about a week and a half now then.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
Awesome. Really look forward to this.

Voice work in English is pure shit. I set it to French with English subs, and it was good!
If the voice work in english is pure shit, it makes me wonder what you've been playing.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:36 AM

I didn't think the voice acting was that good. Maybe because the last few games I played, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2, Batman AA, had exceptional voice work. I'd put this about the same quality as Wets. OK, but nothing stands out.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:40 AM

Everytime I hear MW2 I get a gag reflex.

It's not the most amazing voice work. but pure shit? Someone needs to youtube Star Ocean 4.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:46 AM

Played through it this afternoon - I'm not feeling it. Maybe I should play it again and try something different, but I never had the feeling I was affecting anything; as if, instead of Yahtzee's "press X to not die," it was "press X, O, and R1 at once to get on with the story."

I was thinking of buying this on release (and I hardly ever do that, unless the game is named Fallout 3 ), but the demo's taken me to "wait for the bargain bin."
Old 02-13-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
If the voice work in english is pure shit, it makes me wonder what you've been playing.
At the very least, the hooker's voice work WAS pure shit. And yes, I mean that, with no hyperbole. It was terrible. Really really really really bad. It sounded like a bad actress who's not even American trying to pretend to sound like an American.

What have I been playing? Mass Effect 2. Which, by the way, has amazing voice work, except for Miranda, who constantly sounds disinterested and like she's reading stuff off a prompter and just waiting to leave and cash her check.