YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain dies aged 33 - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-27-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
How many times have we ourselves been to a doctor for something out of the ordinary to be told "oh, that's normal OR oh, that's just you getting older" - so I can see the dilemma. And most of us, each doctor visit costs a copay or more so we have to pick our battles with when to go.
Yeah, it also depends on where you go and the Dr.
A lot of people end up going to urgent care clinics or similar and their purpose is to treat minor injuries and look for the most common reasons for pains,illness, etc.

I had something a few years back that in hindsight is ridiculous that they all missed it.

I was out shoveling back in 2013 and heard a pop in my back. Went to go sit down and the next day I was fine.
A few days later though, the pain got progressively worse each day. First my leg would hurt a bit when sitting and the duration before it started was getting shorter and shorter.

During that time, I went to 2 "walk in clinics" that were near work and both were like, oh you just pulled a muscle, here take this muscle relaxer. Ok, that just knocks me out and does nothing.
A few more weeks go by and the pain is getting pretty unbearable to where one morning, I cannot get out of bed without feelings of electricity going down my leg. So, I got to the ER.

The Dr there said she had an idea, orders an MRI, and there it is, I have a ruptured disc. She said it was pretty obvious from the symptoms I had what was going on. I then got referred to a neuro-spine surgeon, who said most Dr's look for the easy reasons for pain because they are there handling high volumes. It's when someone comes back again and again that they order more tests and dig deeper.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:11 PM

Ugh, sorry to hear that CD. Were you able to get by with therapy and exercise, or are you on the opioid train? My dad has 3 blown discs and is on fentanyl patches, time released morphine, and hydrocodone.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I had something a few years back that in hindsight is ridiculous that they all missed it.
Any good doctor could immediately tell you that having your head up your ass is going to cause some back pain (TROLOOOLOLOL!!)
Old 05-30-2018, 11:59 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Any good doctor could immediately tell you that having your head up your ass is going to cause some back pain (TROLOOOLOLOL!!)
Ouch. Boom. :biggrin:

You spelled "Troll" wrong BTW.