Red Dead Redemption Trailer - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2010, 09:45 AM

Red Dead Redemption Suffering “Huge Problems”

Quote:
Rockstar San Diego’s Red Dead Redemption "was a complete disaster for most of 2009” and “there are huge problems with it still", according to Rockstar sources close Joystiq.

The site’s moles say that mismanagement has resulted in the game taking over six years to make, leaving it incapable of recouping its development costs unless it surpasses five million sales.

"The functional team that was Midnight Club was shattered,” said one source. “All the people who didn't quit or get fired were thrown onto Red Dead Redemption, many of them being demoted. The completely dysfunctional team that is RDR was put to top priority. The people who had floundered on that project or outright screwed it up were promoted and are now in complete control of the studio, and they're running it into the ground."

Originally scheduled to launch last year for PS3 and Xbox 360, Red Dead Redemption’s release was pushed back to the first half of the 2010 business year ending April 30, 2010.

Earlier this week a blogger going by the name "Rockstar Spouse" claimed that poor working conditions at Rockstar San Diego are negatively affecting the quality of life of the studio's employees and their family members. Signed by the “Determined Devoted Wives of Rockstar San Diego employees”, the blog post alleges numerous unfair working practices at the studio and threatens legal action if they aren’t addressed.
Damn.. I was looking forward to this one..
Old 01-13-2010, 10:27 AM

Hmmm. Well based off the videos, I imagine they are getting close to done now. I'll be buying it. Shame that the San Diego employees feel they are being mistreated. You'd think Rockstar would be one of the better gaming studios to work at.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 AM

Yeah, I hope it does not affect this game. I am really, really looking forward to it. Lots and lots of negative press being put out about Rockstar right now, which is surprising to me.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

I forgot about this game. One of the few I will play in 2010. Hope it comes out.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
HDD Contributor

I admit, the reports do have me a little worried. It's not like Rockstar's not capable of producing games of varying quality and the horror stories of the management's "Word of God" coming out every few months and causing a shakedown in San Diego just sounds like a textbook case of how badly things can be mismanaged.

Hopefully it has actually made the game a stronger product rather than a fragmented one, but my initial polished, smooth surfaced hopes for the game are now tarnished a bit.