Red Dead Redemption 2 Hype Thread - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-29-2019, 09:31 AM

PC version in May and launch title for the new consoles next November? Seems like a no-brainer.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:45 PM

Since it's Rockstar, I don't think they'll do the whole "exclusive" to a launcher deal. We'll see.

I'm not happy with Bethesda post-patching their content with account requirements. Reminds me of Ubisoft. Rockstar's Social Club is garbage. But, I can kinda overlook it. Kinda. I really like Max Payne 3, but wished it didn't have that Social Club requirement. Especially since I've had my account breached several times. Luckily, I have nothing tied to it.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:48 PM

If they were going to do a dedicated launcher, they would have done it with Borderlands 3. That they let Epic pick that one up says to me they don't have any intention to unify all the games they publish under a single marketing effort with a storefront and launcher.

GTA being the biggest franchise out there probably gives them plenty of reason to follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
If they were going to do a dedicated launcher, they would have done it with Borderlands 3. That they let Epic pick that one up says to me they don't have any intention to unify all the games they publish under a single marketing effort with a storefront and launcher.

GTA being the biggest franchise out there probably gives them plenty of reason to follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach.
Well, there's Rockstar and there's 2k. 2k will take the money. So, that's why Borderlands went the way it did. However, Rockstar has far greater pull and I doubt they are willing segment the base that much. Still...it's a possibility.

They also have Social Club. Which, is their dedicated launcher. I own GTAV that way...because errors. Still, I try not to divide my accounts across multiple platforms/launchers. I try very hard to limit that entirely. Which, having multiple storefronts, multiple log ins, and multiple places for my information to be...is just not good. So, I limit as much as I can. I refuse to put my CC info into Social Club because that whole thing is prone to take overs because GTAV credits. and what have you.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
If they were going to do a dedicated launcher, they would have done it with Borderlands 3.
It's coming...through Rockstar Launcher. Though, it'll be sold through other platforms, the game will require their launcher on all of them. It's basically UPlay/Social Club. Hopefully, its more secure than Social Club.