Possible leaked specs of Playstation 5 "Project Epsilon" - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-25-2018, 08:50 PM

I play old stuff. The other day I went through Eternal Darkness because I felt like it.

But I also won't lie; it's cool having a shelf of all my stuff.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:32 PM

Eternal Darkness - great game. I'll never sell my GameCube
Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 PM

I love my physical collection. My only current issue is that when I moved my PS2 disappeared.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:56 AM

To be fair, I used to love my physical CDs too, but eventually put them all the fuck away, since they’re all on my phone, as is almost all new music. But still 90% of games I buy are nominally physical, so that’s not happening anytime soon with games, for me.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
To be fair, I used to love my physical CDs too, but eventually put them all the fuck away, since they’re all on my phone, as is almost all new music. But still 90% of games I buy are nominally physical, so that’s not happening anytime soon with games, for me.
The only reason I still get some games physical that I want is because of Amazon Prime or Best Buy's Gamers Club where I save $12 a game, other than that I would probably just buy digital since I've gotten to the point where I'm buying less games and not really getting rid of anything anyways....its all moving that way anyhow and eventually it just wont be an option to us, movies are going that way, music is already that way pretty much, just a matter of time.

I'm a physical kind of guy though, especially with movies and really dont want it to go that way but I dont think we have much of a choice, digital is slowly taking over and sales on digital store fronts is increasing in the console space as we speak, PC is all digital now and not many complained there, movies is more of a quality thing where streaming just cant cut it if you want the best but games and music? Unless you are an absolute purist or collector, Farcry 5 on digital is the same thing as Farcry on a disc, nothing changes there outside of not being able to trade it in or sell and if you are a collector anyways and dont get rid of your games, whats the difference?
Old 04-27-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Unless you are an absolute purist or collector, Farcry 5 on digital is the same thing as Farcry on a disc, nothing changes there outside of not being able to trade it in or sell and if you are a collector anyways and dont get rid of your games, whats the difference?
Having to stand up to switch out discs, or not.

Not a huge issue if you're the only person playing your console. Now that I have two kids playing on my systems, physical media would be a nightmare to deal with.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
Having to stand up to switch out discs, or not.

Not a huge issue if you're the only person playing your console. Now that I have two kids playing on my systems, physical media would be a nightmare to deal with.
Well thats especially true if you have more than one console, my buddy and his son each have an Xbox and since you can share accounts with another Xbox, everything they buy they both get if bought digitally. Physical copies means buying two copies.

My son will be 7 in October this year, he isnt gaming much and he doesnt touch anything without my permission or help, I'm meticulous when it comes to taking discs out of cases and putting them in players and such, cant be a fingerprint anywhere on anything So I just dont let him do that stuff, when he's a bit older and maybe cares enough about games to really not get frustrated playing them (and losing, which he hates and gives up after two tries), maybe he can have his own system
Old 04-30-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Eternal Darkness - great game. I'll never sell my GameCube
*plays it on Dolphin*

What Gamecube?

____

Anyway, apparently, MS announce Halo is coming to PC. So, once we get the ports of Gears 2 and 3, I think the need to even consider a physical Xbox is incredibly limited.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:33 AM

That makes me honestly wonder if Satya Nadella is going to let the Xbox brand fade away. There's been no evidence they are investing in new cornerstone IPs, and now they're ceding the last brand that defined the Xbox. If they were going to invest a billion dollars in the next Xbox console, we would be hearing about new studios, new IPs, and people getting poached from other big studios. We would see jobs posted on Gamasutra and there would be blog buzz about the momentum they're building on the software side. Instead it's the opposite. There's been speculation they're going to acquire an existing publisher like EA to solve their lack of exclusives problem.

At the same time, the numbers for Windows Store games can't be good. They were a complete train wreck on the performance side when they launched, and not being on Steam is just a deal breaker for most of the user base.

It seems like all this is really doing is devaluing the Xbox brand: You don't need an Xbox to play these games anymore, but the alternative is so unappealing lots of PC gamers will just skip them.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
That makes me honestly wonder if Satya Nadella is going to let the Xbox brand fade away. There's been no evidence they are investing in new cornerstone IPs, and now they're ceding the last brand that defined the Xbox. If they were going to invest a billion dollars in the next Xbox console, we would be hearing about new studios, new IPs, and people getting poached from other big studios. We would see jobs posted on Gamasutra and there would be blog buzz about the momentum they're building on the software side. Instead it's the opposite. There's been speculation they're going to acquire an existing publisher like EA to solve their lack of exclusives problem.

At the same time, the numbers for Windows Store games can't be good. They were a complete train wreck on the performance side when they launched, and not being on Steam is just a deal breaker for most of the user base.

It seems like all this is really doing is devaluing the Xbox brand: You don't need an Xbox to play these games anymore, but the alternative is so unappealing lots of PC gamers will just skip them.
They need VR to save them LOL