Favorite Games of 2017? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-02-2018, 03:04 PM

I don't think I finished a single game that came out this year. I think the closest I may have come is hitting lvl. 70 with my Necromancer in Diablo 3.

Actually, looking back at my history this year, everything I played was a remaster or early gen game. Huh...
Old 01-02-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
I don't think I finished a single game that came out this year. I think the closest I may have come is hitting lvl. 70 with my Necromancer in Diablo 3.

Actually, looking back at my history this year, everything I played was a remaster or early gen game. Huh...
You should be ashamed of yourself. A gamer like you not finishing games, SHAME. I don't mean 100% but at least the story/campaigns
Old 01-02-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself. A gamer like you not finishing games, SHAME. I don't mean 100% but at least the story/campaigns
It's not that I didn't finish any 2017 games, I didn't even play any. I bought Nioh and Horizon, but haven't touched them yet.

I've been taking on extra responsibility at my job over the last 8 months or so in the hopes that stepping up would get me selected for a new position in a different department. I've been working about 48-50 hours a week consistently, with the extra hours falling during my normal game time (early mornings and weekends). As of last week, this seems to have paid off - the Chief Product Officer offered me the Product Management slot I was aiming for. I'm still going to be working OT for the next few months as I a train a replacement and learn more about this new position I'll be stepping into. Hopefully by June I'll be back to a more normal 40 hour work week and I'll have time to get back into games.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
It's not that I didn't finish any 2017 games, I didn't even play any. I bought Nioh and Horizon, but haven't touched them yet.

I've been taking on extra responsibility at my job over the last 8 months or so in the hopes that stepping up would get me selected for a new position in a different department. I've been working about 48-50 hours a week consistently, with the extra hours falling during my normal game time (early mornings and weekends). As of last week, this seems to have paid off - the Chief Product Officer offered me the Product Management slot I was aiming for. I'm still going to be working OT for the next few months as I a train a replacement and learn more about this new position I'll be stepping into. Hopefully by June I'll be back to a more normal 40 hour work week and I'll have time to get back into games.
Congrats on the promotion. Work > Gaming for sure.

You didn't play any games, I played some but barely went through them. My typical play a few hours worth then never touch it again LOL
Old 01-03-2018, 01:06 PM

I played lots of games, just none that were released this year. I platinumed Bioshock 1 & 2, leveled a Necromancer in Diablo to 70 solo, and cleaned up some trophies in a few Lego games after my son did the bulk of the work. I also hopped around in remasters like Borderlands 2, Uncharted 1 and 2, Darksiders, Journey, Ratchet & Clank, etc. It's frequently a week or more in between play sessions for me right now, so I don't feel the need to stick with one game until it's done.

Jumped back into Bloodborne last month and managed to beat a boss I've been stuck on for almost a year. Then I got to the _next_ boss and he 1-shotted me three lives in a row. *sigh*
Old 01-03-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I played lots of games, just none that were released this year. I platinumed Bioshock 1 & 2, leveled a Necromancer in Diablo to 70 solo, and cleaned up some trophies in a few Lego games after my son did the bulk of the work. I also hopped around in remasters like Borderlands 2, Uncharted 1 and 2, Darksiders, Journey, Ratchet & Clank, etc. It's frequently a week or more in between play sessions for me right now, so I don't feel the need to stick with one game until it's done.

Jumped back into Bloodborne last month and managed to beat a boss I've been stuck on for almost a year. Then I got to the _next_ boss and he 1-shotted me three lives in a row. *sigh*
hahaha. I need to get back to Bloodborne I loved that game
Old 01-07-2018, 05:15 PM

Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW and PUBG
Old 01-08-2018, 12:54 AM

It was not a good year for Onslaught

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 01-09-2018, 12:12 PM

Played stuff, didnt really beat much though.

Game of the year for me though was hands down Zelda Breath of the Wild, put 85 hours into that one and I've yet to do the DLC and find more shrines and such, had to move on to something else after that much time though.

Mario Odyssey was awesome but I have the last level to beat yet, played 10 hours of Horizon so far and love that one too, need to get back to it. I played some Nioh and that was fun for a while too but got rid of it and havent wanted to return really. Put many hours into Destiny 2 for the campaign, got screwed on the Raid multiple times and havent been able to beat it and have pretty much not been back, SO disappointed with that game.

Outside of that, I dont even remember what else I played last year, did lots of back and forth on the Switch and some other games recently that ended the year off, like replaying the Division with a different group of friends on the Xbox, we are still playing that one and love it a lot, so much better than Destiny IMO. Next up is Monster Hunter with that same group of friends, cant wait to figure that game out because I've never really played a Monster Hunter game past a couple tries on the 3DS a while back
Old 01-09-2018, 02:34 PM

since i just finally joined this gen with a ps4 last march i've just been catching up on old stuff, my favorite that i played was the witcher 3, have all kinds of other stuff from sales but just keep coming back to that one