The Paranormal Activity movie hater club - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Did you think that Paranormal Activity sucked?
YES 6 28.57%
NO 3 14.29%
It was badly over-hyped, but not terrible 10 47.62%
It lived up to the hype and then some 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2009, 10:54 PM

Default The Paranormal Activity movie hater club

I just got back from seeing that steaming turd of a movie and I wanted to put together a thread just for those of us who saw it and hated it.

There was absolutely ZERO tension created at any point.

There were absolutely ZERO scares in the movie and even the stupid jump scenes failed to be startling in any way.

Even the "shocking" ending was pointless and lacked any sense of urgency or even the slightest hint of a fright.

This movie was really just The Blair Witch Project in a house with two lame-brained morons. I actually expected the main girl to produce some mucous and look into the camera saying "I'm sorry."

Sign here if you thought the movie sucked.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:07 PM

Oh, one thing to note: I don't even have .000000000001% belief in any sort of "paranormal" or "spiritual" stuff, so that might have made me less likely to enjoy the movie.

The funny thing is that I really enjoyed The Exorcist and The Omen, so I don't think my complete lack of belief in the subject matter was the reason for my not liking it at all.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:03 AM

I haven't seen the movie so I can't vote but, judging from what I saw on the trailer, I saw Blair witch which I hated.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
I haven't seen the movie so I can't vote but, judging from what I saw on the trailer, I saw Blair witch which I hated.
Well, it is pretty much exactly like the Blair Witch Project... just put that movie in a house and you know what you are getting.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:53 PM

My friend Brittney said it was horrible and we have about the same taste.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:27 PM

I thought it was good for the budget they had to work with. I think the weak acting in the movie came from the "Dr." who visited them. The ending was alright, but nothing to write home about. It scared the crap out of my 13 year old daughter though. I would not see it again, but it was worth seeing once.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:01 PM

I watched it last night and think that it's a pale imitation of Blair Witch. I was bored pretty much all the way thru it .
It just never got real for me at any point.The acting was drama class and having a camera pointed at people sleeping for much of the movie didn't help make it interesting.
I suppose that people who are used to watching reality shows on tv these days might think watching sleeping people is fun but i don't.
In Blair Witch they were always moving and there was the creepy forest atmosphere to make it scarier.
There was also an immediacy and urgency to Blair Witch that was lacking in Paranormal Activity.
The people in Blair Witch were trapped and had no way out.
In Paranormal,it seems that if these things had been happening to her for a long time she'd be more used to them and if the camera was causing the demon to do
more radical things she'd just stop using it if she was so scared.
It just isn't a very good movie for me.
Might have been better if they'd brought in the demonologist and added a new dimension to the film.
Anyways its made me hungry to watch Rec and Blair Witch again tonight.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 AM

Paranormal WACKtivity
Old 10-26-2009, 09:29 AM

Very stupid movie and i thought it sucked ass.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:28 PM

Hey, did I make it in time for the "I have more hair on my chest than you!" club?