PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Get the word out! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2009, 08:00 PM

Default PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Get the word out!

UPDATED: Apparently, the movie made enough $$$ last weekend (under $800,000 in just 12 theaters, to be exact) for Paramount to expend the movie to 20 (TWENTY) CITIES! You can see the list on the link directly below. However, if you still do not see your city listed below, you can still DEMAND it to your city from the links below! Keep up the great work people!

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/director.html

20 Cities:

Atlanta
Chicago
Dallas
DC/Baltimore
Denver
Detroit
Houston
L.A
Las Vegas
Miami
Minneapolis
New York
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Sacramento
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco
San Jose
Tampa

I NEED people to help get this movie some attention! It's called PARANORMAL ACTIVITY and, right now, people are calling it one of THE SCARIEST MOVIES EVER MADE!

It's only in limited release so PLEASE spread the word! Here's what you gotta do. Go to the official website: http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/ On the bottom, it has the word DEMAND. Click on that and select the city closest to your area. If there isn't one close to your area, click here: http://eventful.com/performers/paran...6/competitions Everything else is self-explanatory.

If you have Twitter, follow @tweetyourscream and become a fan on facebook NOW! http://www.facebook.com/paranormalactivity You can see the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

SPREAD THE WORD. The more demands, the more likely the film will get a widespread release!

Last edited by moviewizguy; 09-28-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Wow , I just watched the trailer , looks pretty sick. I love those movies!!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Looks like another lame Blair Witch movie but in a house.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:07 PM

That looks sweeet.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:15 PM

I need to see more. The trailer left me wanting to see a bit more that I cant decide whether I like it or not.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 PM

Lots of hype with this one!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 AM

From my local Tuscon newspaper this morning (online edition, of course - do they still print newspapers?) -

Quote:
Thriller shot for $15,000 getting national release

HOLLYWOOD Steven Spielberg was certain his copy of "Paranormal Activity" was haunted. It was early 2008, and the director's DreamWorks studio was trying to decide whether it wanted to be a part of the micro-budgeted supernatural thriller. As the story goes, Spielberg had taken a "Paranormal Activity" DVD to his Pacific Palisades estate, and, not long after he watched it, the door to his empty bedroom inexplicably locked from the inside, forcing him to summon a locksmith.

While Spielberg didn't want the "Paranormal Activity" disc anywhere near his home, he very much shared his studio's enthusiasm for director Oren Peli's haunting story about the demonic invasion of a couple's suburban tract house.
Peli, an Israeli-born video-game designer, shot the $15,000 movie in a week in 2006 with a no-name cast, a crew of several San Diego friends and a hand-held video camera.

But, as Spielberg and the DreamWorks team believed, the movie was original and scary. The challenge was to fit this round peg into a DreamWorks square hole a process delayed by the slow collapse of Paramount's acquisition of DreamWorks. For a time, it looked as if Spielberg was right: "Paranormal Activity" appeared cursed to sit on a shelf.

But now, Paramount is finally opening the film in Tucson and 12 other college towns Friday, with a national rollout planned for October.

"Once every five years, a guy makes a movie for a nickel that can cross over to a broad audience," says "Paranormal Activity" producer Jason Blum. In late 2007, Blum's producing partner, Steven Schneider, came across "Paranormal Activity" and thought it deserved a theatrical release. Blum agreed, but no one stepped up to distribute it.

Ashley Brooks, a production executive at DreamWorks, was one of the only studio types who believed in "Paranormal Activity," and she continually pestered her boss, production chief Adam Goodman, to watch the movie. Goodman finally did, and so did Spielberg.
A deal was struck with DreamWorks, but not for a theatrical release. Instead, the studio planned to remake the film, with Peli directing the bigger-budgeted version.
Before the movie was finished, though, Goodman started talking about abandoning the remake and instead releasing Peli's original movie, perhaps a bit shorter and with a new, more surprising ending.

Not long thereafter, however, the rift between the heads of DreamWorks and Paramount (which bought DreamWorks in 2005) grew toxic, and the future of "Paranormal Activity" turned uncertain. Yet, even as it sat on Paramount's shelf, "Paranormal Activity" continued to generate interest. It was not until Goodman took Paramount's top production job in Juneof this year that "Paranormal Activity" found a place on the studio's fall schedule.

Its ultimate fate is up to audiences now.
Although I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, I might have to check it out this weekend.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 AM

Trailer looks decent, I'm not feeling the lame hidden hd cameras catching stupid people jump/scream in an exaggerated fashion. Who fucking does that??? No one.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:00 PM

OP updated! Now showing a list of the 20 cities in which Paramount expanded the film!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:53 AM

I got the email too earlier this evening saying they were expanding to more theaters. The actual theater locations will be released tomorrow.