Paul W.S. Anderson to direct Spy Hunter (Based on the Midway game Spy Hunter) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-03-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Paul W.S. Anderson to direct Spy Hunter (Based on the Midway game Spy Hunter)

Source: Variety
June 1, 2007

Resident Evil and Alien vs. Predator director Paul W.S. Anderson will direct Spy Hunter, the big budget adaptation of the popular Midway video game that revolves around a transforming supercar called the Interceptor.

Variety says he will be working with another writer to pen the project, which has already gone through several writers, including Michael Brandt, Derek Haas, Zak Penn and Stuart Beattie.

John Woo was originally attached to helm the movie, in 2004, that will introduce the never-seen spy hunter who works for a secret government agency. He uses the gadget-packed Interceptor (that can transform from a car into a motorcycle, jet ski and submarine) to hunt down agents and thwart a shadowy terrorist org known as Nostra.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has long been attached to play the secret agent behind the wheel of the vehicle. Whether he'll be recast has yet to be determined. The Rock starred in "Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run," a Midway game that the company released last year.

Anderson's next film is Death Race, which he is also directing for Univeral. The film is a remake of 1975's Death Race 2000.

Adrian Askarieh, who has an adaptation of the video game Hitman filming at Fox, is producing the project with Chuck Gordon and Jeremy Bolt.

Note: The picture is not link to the article, it was found on the internet.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Paul W.S. Anderson must quit making movies!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
Paul W.S. Anderson must quit making movies!
Do not say that spidey. The guy also have a family.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 PM

I rather have him than Uwe Boll
Old 06-04-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Who is that?... (just kidding)
Old 06-04-2007, 02:51 PM

Smile

Oh man that looks totally kick ass if they actually do it!! The rock is perfect for that guy!! Did you ever play that game on the PS2?!! That game was totally kick ass!! I just hope they dont screw this one up like they did other Video Game Movies!!
Mischa.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa316 View Post
Oh man that looks totally kick ass if they actually do it!! The rock is perfect for that guy!! Did you ever play that game on the PS2?!! That game was totally kick ass!! I just hope they dont screw this one up like they did other Video Game Movies!!
Mischa.
The game was ok(kind of violent for my taste) I like God of War better less Violence and no sex at all..... (just kidding). I think most of the good games have material to work with but for some reason the directors always want to make the movie with their vision and taking for granted that the fans of the game will loved it no matter what, well they are dead wrong about that.

Last edited by nelll; 06-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
No doubt.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Banned

Was SkyHunter really a "hit"?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocks out View Post
Was SkyHunter really a "hit"?
Are you talking about The original 1970s version of Sky Hunter II? I do not get it Glocks, I am confused.