Was "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" the worst of the four? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Was "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of Crystal" the worst of the four?
No. Raiders was the worst 0 0%
No. Temple of Doom was the worst 19 33.93%
No. Last Crusade was the worst 2 3.57%
Yes! Crystal Skull was the worst of the franchise 35 62.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Banned

Default Was "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull" the worst of the four?

Was "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal" the worst of the four?
Old 10-19-2008, 12:42 AM

Yes. Although I dont think by nearly as much as most people do.

I think Raiders is one of the greatest films ever made, Temple of doom was almost as good. Last Crusade and Crystal Skull are both at about the same level but I'll give Last Crusade the benifit of Connery, Better set peices and not having a stupid Tarzan scene.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Banned

Damn.. This may be close between DOOM, CRUSADE, and SKULL
Old 10-19-2008, 07:33 PM

I voted Temple of Doom as worst although that isn't entirely accurate: I consider Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom just about equal. I decided to pick on Temple of Doom to alleviate some of the (what I feel to be) over-criticism of Crystal Skull though.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 AM

I voted for Temple, if only because I did not like the leading lady or the sidekick. Willie has nothing on Marion. The combination of Willie and Short Round makes this movie the worst of the four, but not by much.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:01 AM

I voted for temple as well...but in kingdom come on STERIOD FIRE ANTS, REALLY>?!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 AM

I guess you never encountered super large ants before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_ant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_ant
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 AM

It was definitly the worst. It just too unrealistic and didnt feel like an indy film in that sense. ruined it for me.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfellow View Post
I guess you never encountered super large ants before?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_ant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_ant
Number 1, they're not that big... In fact the bull ant is teeny tiny compared to the ones featured in the film... Secondly the driver aunt is the one featured in the film, unfortunetly for the film these ants are not native to Peru, so the fact that they're in the film is extreamly unrealistic.

Another part of the film I have trouble with are the water falls... For starters they're in brazil, secondly they're dead.

All I have to say is A-Bomb...

Yeah, this would be by far the most unrealistic indi ever, including temple. My biggest hope is that if this prompts more films that they decide to make them more inline with the original series... Speaking of the original series, they need to find their way to bbblu with some killer SFs, like community live screening.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Number 1, they're not that big... In fact the bull ant is teeny tiny compared to the ones featured in the film... Secondly the driver aunt is the one featured in the film, unfortunetly for the film these ants are not native to Peru, so the fact that they're in the film is extreamly unrealistic.
Do you have a similar issue with all the snakes in the Well of Souls who have been there for thousands of years with nothing to eat but each other, hardly plausable. Or the millions of bugs that stay in one corridor of the temple of doom with nothing to feed on but each other?

Quote:
Another part of the film I have trouble with are the water falls... For starters they're in brazil, secondly they're dead.
There is no canyon of the cresent moon in Hatay. The temple they enter is actually in Jordan.....Does that matter any more than the falls being in Brazil?

Quote:
All I have to say is A-Bomb...

Yeah, this would be by far the most unrealistic indi ever, including temple. My biggest hope is that if this prompts more films that they decide to make them more inline with the original series... Speaking of the original series, they need to find their way to bbblu with some killer SFs, like community live screening.

It just feels like this film is being held to a much higher standard than the others because it wasn't as good.

I dont have a problem with people thinking its the worst of the three. I agree with them. But why are these things a problem in this movie but were fine when they were done in the first three?