Angelina Jolie to Play Catwoman? (RUMOR) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-30-2008, 02:32 PM

Default Angelina Jolie to Play Catwoman? (RUMOR)

Quote:
It has begun.

Not even two full weeks after The Dark Knight arrived in theaters, we officially have our first Batman 3 rumor! (Speaking of, we have to decide what to call Nolan's next Batman movie. Dark Knight 2? Batman 3? NolanMan 3? Lets get on that ...) But anyway, the rumor actually comes from another Catwoman: Julie Newmar. Speaking to the New York Daily News, Newmar says, "Angelina would own the part. My industry friends tell me [she] has made inquiries about the role." She went on to add, "I can understand how it would pique her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love. She's tremendously popular with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess. When you look at the staggering box office of this current film, which actress wouldn't want to jump in?"

So is Jolie really looking to play Catwoman in a third (and possible final) Batman film from Christopher Nolan? No doubt Bale and Jolie would look good together on screen, and the woman definitely knows how to hold her own when it comes to action. What do you think? Do you Bat-fans want Brad Pitt's gal in Gotham City?
http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/3...play-catwoman/
Old 07-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I loved Halle Berry as Catwoman, regardless of how dumb the movie was. That would be awesome if they cast her for the part. Dunno about Angelina Jolie though.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:36 PM

Ugh...NO!

Seriously, there are far better choices. Jolie is too "heroin woman" looking.

Though, she could make for an interesting Talia.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:41 PM

I know Catwoman is one of Batman's most popular villians, but with all the other Catwomans out there, I think it's still too soon to tell that story again... after Phiefer and the Halle Berry debacle, I can't imagine anyone wants to touch catwoman again with a ten-foot cattle prod... they should let it age a little longer until people are yerning more before visiting that storyline again so soon. (even if done well finally... seen it, been there, done that) Here's a novel idea... how bout' some completely NEW Batman villians that are invented Just for that movie? Do we really need to see Penquin and Riddler and Catwoman and Bane and Manbat and KingTut and every villian in the comic's creation? They're inventing new ones every month in Batman Comics these days... so lets see some new ones in the next film.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:09 PM

I think Catwoman makes the most sense for the next one. That and possibly the Riddler. They can be modified to fit into the more realistic world that Nolan's Batman inhabits.

As for the tiltle, a nod to Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" seems most likely to me.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

the 3rd movie will be titled "The Caped Crusader"

as for Catwoman, my vote goes to Kate Beckinsale
Old 07-30-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Ugh...NO!

Seriously, there are far better choices. Jolie is too "heroin woman" looking.

Though, she could make for an interesting Talia.
Ah yes, Talia.

Jolie as Talia, and Charlize Theron as Catwoman--they both fight it out for.....
Old 07-30-2008, 03:33 PM

Jolie's body is all wrong of the part.... As campy as the 60's series the one thing I think they got right and could possibly carry over to newer more grown up batmans is the general look (though some moders tweaks will obviously be required) of Catwoman... Even if the acting, script writing and everything else about her (and the rest of the series) is all wrong.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
Ah yes, Talia.

Jolie as Talia, and Charlize Theron as Catwoman--they both fight it out for.....
Too tall and ZERO chest... Kate Beckinsale would have my vote also... but anyone who matches Adam Hughes' depiction of Catwoman has my final vote.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiequest View Post
Too tall and ZERO chest... Kate Beckinsale would have my vote also... but anyone who matches Adam Hughes' depiction of Catwoman has my final vote.

That's a cool pic.

The problem is that if they're going to go for a "real world" feel, no average height, big tittied chick will be able to move like an athlete.

Charlize can act too!