Fox Enrolling in 'X-Men: First Class'? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-30-2008, 01:29 PM

Default Fox Enrolling in 'X-Men: First Class'?

Quote:
The sharp-eyed crew at SuperheroHype.com spotted an interesting listing in Production Weekly -- a listing for X-Men: First Class, which means 20th Century Fox has some kind of young X-Men movie in the works. Whether it is based on Jeff Parker's series of the same name, or if they're just snagging the title for the oft-discussed Young X-Men spin-off remains to be seen. But Fox already has a domain for it, though at this time it only sends you back to the studio's website.

It's certainly odd timing -- the time and place to announce a new X-Men movie just wrapped up in San Diego. But another X-Men spin-off seems inevitable, particularly with the buzz that's beginning to build on X-Men Origins: Wolverine. And I have a feeling that Star Trek's fresh-faces reboot will inspire a number of similar origin stories from all corners of nerdland.

If they do it, I hope they really do base it on Parker's series. I haven't read it (somehow I ended up reading Ultimate X-Men instead, and it's best to just forget all about that), so the more literate among you will have to tell me if it's worth filming or not. But when it comes to the salad days of the X-Men we all know and love, I would rather see an existing storyline adapted. Otherwise, there will probably be all kinds of silly references to the future team -- Cyclops will be splattered by mud from a car driven by Wolverine, or he'll drunkenly hit on a teenage Jean Gray. Assuming that doesn't actually happen in Parker's book ....
http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/3...n-first-class/

I enjoyed the first 3 but I dont know how I feel about this one.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Former Member

i say it's a better call than going for an x4. although i find the article to be horribly written by someone who doesn't know wtf he/she is talking about. he hopes it's written off something he admits to not having seen MULTIPLE times in the article (assuming it doesn't actually happen, i haven't read it, etc).
Old 07-30-2008, 03:16 PM

This almost makes me sick, nothing sounds promising in this article and l'm sure FOX will do what they always do, which is squat over my favorite comics and leave a steamer on it.

Seriously has there ever been a good kid ripoff.... effin 'tiny toons' with my favorite characters?!? Makes me sick...
Old 07-30-2008, 03:40 PM

Ok... some of these thread titles throw me for a loop... I thought Fox Enrolling in 'X-Men: First Class' meant Micheal J Fox pushing for a role in the next X-Men... maybe play a mutant named "Tremor".

(Booooo Hissssss!!!)

Sorry.. that was so wrong
Old 07-30-2008, 04:30 PM

I really wish that Marvel had waited to do the X-Men movies until they built their own movie studio
Old 07-30-2008, 07:22 PM

I still say first let Bryan Singer make a final X-Men film the way he wants, then they can do whatever they want after that. I'm a big fan of Singer's 2 films, but would be disappointed if The Last Stand was the final real X-Men movie before going off on all of these prequels and other tangents. Remember, X-Men is the film that relaunched the popularity of comic book movies and brought dignity and class to the genre along with it. Spider-Man may have launched it into the stratosphere, but it started with X-Men. I'd like to see Singer's film series end with a huge bang and not just fizzle out and be replaced with new actors and concepts.

On a related note, I feel the same about the Spider-Man flicks: Let Raimi do one more final great film the way he wants with the original cast.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:29 PM

Its true. I read that www.cinematical.com
Old 11-19-2008, 12:40 PM

Ugh...

Fox has no franchises aside from X-Men, so they apparently need to whore out this one.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club