Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull DVD Set - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-22-2008, 11:59 AM

Default Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of The Crystal Skull DVD Set

Hopefully the Blu-ray will get the same treatment.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:04 PM

Wow...that actually looks pretty nifty. Maybe if I stare at it long enough I'll go crazy

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 07-22-2008, 12:13 PM

Maybe if I stare into the skull long enough, it will make the movie good...

Last edited by Halfwasted; 07-23-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 PM

Shut yo mouth!

I don't think I can force myself to hate an Indy movie. I don't know why.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfwasted View Post
Maybe if I state into the skull long enough, it will make the movie good...
The ending of the movie was a huge twist, yes, but the movie was still full of the same old Indy humor, which I love. And Shia didn't do that bad a job as Indy's son. I thought he was going to fuck it all up, but he turned out fine.

I just hated that swinging with the monkeys on vines that Spielberg made Shia do. It was horrific.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
The ending of the movie was a huge twist, yes, but the movie was still full of the same old Indy humor, which I love. And Shia didn't do that bad a job as Indy's son. I thought he was going to fuck it all up, but he turned out fine.

I just hated that swinging with the monkeys on vines that Spielberg made Shia do. It was horrific.
Same here....its the only bit of the movie I didnt like.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:10 PM

I just hope this comes to bluray prompting the original 3 movies to be released onto bluray... Otherwise I'll be completely holding off all indy purchases all together as I already have the first 3 on DVD and I'm really not all that antsy to add this movie to my collection that I'm willing to double dip just to get a cheap plastic alien skull.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
I just hope this comes to bluray prompting the original 3 movies to be released onto bluray... Otherwise I'll be completely holding off all indy purchases all together as I already have the first 3 on DVD and I'm really not all that antsy to add this movie to my collection that I'm willing to double dip just to get a cheap plastic alien skull.
Unfortunately I dont see Lucas wanting Indy to come to Blu-ray whilst the install base is so small.....and that may mean that they hold off on a Crystal Skull release also

If thats the case this would be the first DVD I have bought in a long time. Hoping they do bring atleast this one out though even if not the other three.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
Unfortunately I dont see Lucas wanting Indy to come to Blu-ray whilst the install base is so small.....and that may mean that they hold off on a Crystal Skull release also

If thats the case this would be the first DVD I have bought in a long time. Hoping they do bring atleast this one out though even if not the other three.
Those are my thoughts as well actually, real shame because I really think the original 3 really can benifit from HD very nicly... Sure some of the effects aren't up to todays standards, but over all the production values are great!

Additionally for as much as I love the original trillagy, I never got to see any single one of them in the theaters So the bluray's would go a long way towards making me feel like I"m sitting in the woods theater back in the 80's watching indy out run a giant bolder for the very first time!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
Those are my thoughts as well actually, real shame because I really think the original 3 really can benifit from HD very nicly... Sure some of the effects aren't up to todays standards, but over all the production values are great!

Additionally for as much as I love the original trillagy, I never got to see any single one of them in the theaters So the bluray's would go a long way towards making me feel like I"m sitting in the woods theater back in the 80's watching indy out run a giant bolder for the very first time!
Advantages of being a little older I saw all three of them in the theater. Last Crusade I actually skipped a rather important exam at college for since they had the crazy idea of scheduling it the same day it opened (Teachers They just dont think sometimes)...

My dad taking me to watch Raiders is one of the absolute best childhood memories I have

I just think that Paramount not announcing a Blu-ray yet but having announced a street date for the DVD isn't a good sign Speilberg and Lucas were both late to the DVD party too (Atleast Speilber already has a movie on Blu-ray.)

As you say its a pity. The restoration they did for the DVD was stunning and since they had Lowry produce 4K masters from the film they cleaned up then most of the work for the Blu-ray is presumably done already