The Forbidden Kingdom starring Jet li and Jackie Chan (2008) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2007, 10:54 AM

Talking The Forbidden Kingdom starring Jet li and Jackie Chan (2008)

Update:

Watch the Trailer

Also Known As: King of Kung Fu
Untitled (Revolution Studios/Jackie Chan/Jet Li action film)

Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release
Genres: Action/Adventure and Science Fiction/Fantasy
Release Date: April 18th, 2008 (wide)
Distributors: Lionsgate
Production Co.: Casey Silver Productions
Studios: Lionsgate, The Weinstein Company
Financiers: Relativity Media
Filming Locations: China
Produced in: United States.
Cast and Credits

Production Photos:

Original thread from 04-11-2007
Quote:
What? Jet li said that after fearless he will retire. The Forbidden Kingdom is comming to the big screen on 2008. I don't know what to think anymore.

Quote from the original website.

"Lionsgate has boarded action-adventure The Forbidden Kingdom, which pairs Jackie Chan and Jet Li for the first time on the big screen. According to Variety, the studio is planning a September, 2008 domestic release. Casey Silver produces.

The Weinstein Co. is partnering with Lionsgate on the project, picking up distribution rights in Spain, France and Latin America. Lionsgate will distribute in the U.K.

Action choreographer Yuen Woo-ping, who has worked on films including The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, is creating the fight sequences.
Based on the Chinese legend of the monkey king, the story revolves around an American teenager who discovers the king's legendary stick weapon in a pawn shop. The teen is transported back in time to ancient China, where he joins a crew of warriors fighting to free the imprisoned king.

Li is set to play two roles, that of the monkey king and the silent monk. Chan will pay the monk T'sa-Ho.

Last edited by nelll; 01-30-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:26 AM

Jet Li retired - until they offer him a big fat movie contract to bring im out of it again. Retirement is a code word for "taking a break till I get offered alot of money, or I run out of it and need more".
Old 04-11-2007, 12:19 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Jet Li retired - until they offer him a big fat movie contract to bring im out of it again. Retirement is a code word for "taking a break till I get offered alot of money, or I run out of it and need more".
My friend Godstar you are 100% right. Money,money,money.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
What? Jet li said that after fearless he will retire. The Forbidden Kingdom is comming to the big screen on 2008. I don't know what to think anymore.

Quote from the original website.

"Lionsgate has boarded action-adventure The Forbidden Kingdom, which pairs Jackie Chan and Jet Li for the first time on the big screen. According to Variety, the studio is planning a September, 2008 domestic release. Casey Silver produces.

The Weinstein Co. is partnering with Lionsgate on the project, picking up distribution rights in Spain, France and Latin America. Lionsgate will distribute in the U.K.

Action choreographer Yuen Woo-ping, who has worked on films including The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, is creating the fight sequences.
Based on the Chinese legend of the monkey king, the story revolves around an American teenager who discovers the king's legendary stick weapon in a pawn shop. The teen is transported back in time to ancient China, where he joins a crew of warriors fighting to free the imprisoned king.

Li is set to play two roles, that of the monkey king and the silent monk. Chan will pay the monk T'sa-Ho.
Jet Li never said he was retiring. He said Fearless would be his last epic martial arts movie. All he's gonna do from now on is mainstream movies...now more artistic style stuff like Fearless, Hero, and well...everything he did before he hit Hollywood. Hell, he's gonna be the Chinese mummy in Mummy 3.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly79 View Post
Jet Li never said he was retiring. He said Fearless would be his last epic martial arts movie. All he's gonna do from now on is mainstream movies...now more artistic style stuff like Fearless, Hero, and well...everything he did before he hit Hollywood. Hell, he's gonna be the Chinese mummy in Mummy 3.
Chinese mummy...

Back to the topic:

I saw the interview on the HD DVD version, is true that he talked about epic movies. He also said that he donít want to promote violence any more. I think he is practicing a certain type of religion against violence. He mentioned that he is 42 and tired. You also have a point maybe he will be doing broke back mountain type of movie.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly79 View Post
yea. what he said. alot of people here in the states misunderstood that.

This movie has been in the works for YEARS! like over 4 years ago, there was always talk about a movie with those two in it. Interestingggggg
Old 04-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
yea. what he said. alot of people here in the states misunderstood that.

This movie has been in the works for YEARS! like over 4 years ago, there was always talk about a movie with those two in it. Interestingggggg
I think I did.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:47 PM

I have to say that, as much as I love the thought of a teaming up between Jackie Chan and Jet Li, I don't hold out much hope for this. Neither Jackie Chan's nor Jet Li's US output has been much cop, and with a story outline like that I'm not expecting this to buck the trend. The only hope there is for it is Yuen Woo Ping's fight choreography which will likely be neutered by, I'm guessing, the PG-13 rating they'll be aiming for.

Eugh...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffyman View Post
I have to say that, as much as I love the thought of a teaming up between Jackie Chan and Jet Li, I don't hold out much hope for this. Neither Jackie Chan's nor Jet Li's US output has been much cop, and with a story outline like that I'm not expecting this to buck the trend. The only hope there is for it is Yuen Woo Ping's fight choreography which will likely be neutered by, I'm guessing, the PG-13 rating they'll be aiming for.

Eugh...

knowing Jackie, maybe even PG. but unless there is a big american actor, this will be a hard sell because I think many folks here like both actors, especially Jackie Chan but he still isnt a strong enough actor here to pull a title by himself. Thats why though in most of his big films, he always had an American opposite and then people loved it.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:33 PM

Default Poster Update

Also check threads By Master X:

Jackie Chan & Jet Li Flick, 'The Forbidden Kingdom,' Gets Ready for Special Effects:
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=19952

and

First Footage from Jet Li and Jackie Chan's 'The Forbidden Kingdom'
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=26001

Cont......