What do you think about the role of Nicolas Cage in ghost rider? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-12-2007, 12:08 AM

Talking What do you think about the role of Nicolas Cage in ghost rider?

Do not get me wrong about this treat because he is an outstanding actor but,but, but I think Nicolas cage was not a good option for this Movie. I think Cristian Bales, Ben Affleck or maybe Collin Ferrel who did a motorcycle rider (bulls eye) in the film DareDevil will fit very well in this movie. Do you Agree or not? You can give opinions about other actors who you think deserved this role.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:17 AM

ill be seeing a pre-screening of this movie in 2 days and ill let you know. I do also think Nicolas Cage is an awesome awesome actor when he is in the right movie. Ill give him the benifit of the doubt for now
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
Do not get me wrong about this treat because he is an outstanding actor but,but, but I think Nicolas cage was not a good option for this Movie. I think Cristian Bales, Ben Affleck or maybe Collin Ferrel who did a motorcycle rider (bulls eye) in the film DareDevil will fit very well in this movie. Do you Agree or not? You can give opinions about other actors who you think deserved this role.
*cough* *cough*

Ben Affleck!! Gouge my eyes out with a spoon. He ruined Daredevil. Ruined it.

Collin Ferrel, maybe would have made a good Ghost Rider, but honestly, Nicolas Cage isn't bad. Least they didn't get someone like Keanu Reeves, or another pretty boy.

I would have picked William Defoe for Ghost Rider, he's kind of gritty and could pull off a middle aged biker guy look. Or go with the real thing, Mickey Rourke. He's a Hollywood biker, boker and all around tough guy.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:22 PM

Am I the only person who thinks that Nicholas Cage is a terrible actor?

That said, from the trailer I think Ghost Rider could possibly be the funniest movie of the year. Unintentionally, of course.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

I think Nicholas Cage is one of the most inconsistent actors out there. He has been very good in some films and dead awful in others!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:23 PM

I think he works well for this film. I like the part in the commerical when the girl asks "Is something burning?" and he gives her that great look. Great use of the eyebrow.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
*cough* *cough*

Ben Affleck!! Gouge my eyes out with a spoon. He ruined Daredevil. Ruined it.

Collin Ferrel, maybe would have made a good Ghost Rider, but honestly, Nicolas Cage isn't bad. Least they didn't get someone like Keanu Reeves, or another pretty boy.

I would have picked William Defoe for Ghost Rider, he's kind of gritty and could pull off a middle aged biker guy look. Or go with the real thing, Mickey Rourke. He's a Hollywood biker, boker and all around tough guy.
What do you think about Vin Diesel?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
Am I the only person who thinks that Nicholas Cage is a terrible actor?

That said, from the trailer I think Ghost Rider could possibly be the funniest movie of the year. Unintentionally, of course.
No your not! I think he is one bad actor..
He ruins every movie with good potential for me and now hes going to ruin one of my favorite comic books.

He's terrible!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
ben affleck is already the dare devil. he can't be ghost rider. same marvel universe. same with ferrel. he's bullseye. ya, i'm a comic nerd.

i'm not really a cage fan, but he himself is a comic book geek too, so i think he'll get the job done. he's been looking to be in a comic movie for a while now.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
i'm not really a cage fan, but he himself is a comic book geek too, so i think he'll get the job done. he's been looking to be in a comic movie for a while now.
Wasn't he due to be in the new Superman movie before wooden Brendan Routh got the part?