Nicolas Cage Wants 'Ghost Rider 2' and More 'National Treasure' - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-04-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Nicolas Cage Wants 'Ghost Rider 2' and More 'National Treasure'

Quote:
Last night I was watching The Rock with a stranded house guest (first snow = flight cancellations) who really loves Nicolas Cage. Near the beginning of the movie (one of my favorite guilty pleasures), she asked why Cage does these kinds of movies, and I replied that he must simply love doing dumb action. It's got to be easier and more fun than trying to win another Oscar, that's for sure. It's not surprising, coincidentally, to find some quotes from the actor on ComingSoon.net this morning in which he proposes a couple more dumb action movies he'd like to star in. The interesting thing, though, is that they're more sequels -- something Cage hadn't seemed too interested in prior to National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Of course, the only reason he never did a sequel before is more likely because his movies weren't big enough hits to warrant a follow-up. I doubt he would have turned down Snake Eyes 2.

The first movie he asks for is Ghost Rider 2, which he says could happen if only someone gives him a call. It's actually pretty surprising that nobody has contacted him about a Ghost Rider sequel considering it made more than $200 million worldwide, and it had a shockingly great opening -- the best 4-day President's Day weekend gross ever, in fact. Plus, director Mark Steven Johnson claimed last summer that there were talks for GR2. Cage said it would be "fun" to return to the comic book character with the flaming skull head (see: he does it cuz it's "fun"). The other hoped for sequel is a third National Treasure (the second, Book of Secrets, is out later this month), though he is interested in expanding the series so "it becomes more and more International Treasure." Maybe Cage is jealous of Indiana Jones, but he'd like his character, Ben Gates, to have to travel to London, Paris, Egypt, Africa, Asia and more. He said, "that would be a lot of fun for me." (see: he does it cuz it's "fun"). Well, Nic, here's what would be a lot of fun for me: Con Air 2. As long as you enjoy doing dumb action, why not bring back the funniest, dumbest action you've ever made?
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/12/0...onal-treasure/
Old 12-04-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
I saw this article today and I think he should stay away from Ghost Rider 2. IMO
Old 12-04-2007, 02:27 PM

I think he should stay away from making any more movies after Wicker Man.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Banned

He needs a good director and screenwriter, but he can turn out incredible performances like in Adaptation and Weatherman.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:04 PM

I read a quote from him in a mag that he wants to make and direct She Hulk with Eva Mendes to star as the green muscle babe.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I read a quote from him in a mag that he wants to make and direct She Hulk with Eva Mendes to star as the green muscle babe.
that is a flop waiting to happen. I liked him in Con Air and Face Off though...
Old 12-05-2007, 10:44 PM

Damn he needs money that bad?! Look for some better movies and stop milking the garbage of cinema that we have for every scent it's worth.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 AM

I didn't think he was the blockbuster sequel type....then again, he is slipping off the radar.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:16 AM

Was never really a Nicolas Cage fan, so no skin off my nose. Although, as Glocks said, he was fantastic in Weatherman. Oddly enough, I liked him best in Raising Arizona. Other than those two movies...meh.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:46 PM

He was good in Wild at Heart but that's about it for me. I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who names his kid Kal-El.