Disney's Acquisition of 21st Century Fox Set to Close on March 20 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Staff

Default Disney's Acquisition of 21st Century Fox Set to Close on March 20

The massive merger will finally go into effect later this month.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...march-20/43749
Old 03-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I have heard there will be a shit-ton of jobs lost as the companies merge and consolidate.

I would imagine there will still be R-Rated movies, but it might be harder to sell movies to the studio as I've observed Disney scrutinizes harder. Under their current system for example, I doubt the original Star Wars would have ever been made. I know it was a hard sell to Fox but it happened.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:08 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The MCU is the worst thing to happen to films in my lifetime."

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:42 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Confirmed that over 4000 jobs will be lost in this deal.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/longti...erger-layoffs/
Old 04-10-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Pray tell--what is 'MCU'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The MCU is the worst thing to happen to films in my lifetime."
Old 04-15-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. Disney has (almost) monopolized the Marvel market now. Still worried as to how the X-Men franchise will be brought into the MCU. I think it's just going to get too bloated and become very stale quick.

Thankfully Sony still owns the rights to Spider-Man. I have to admit, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was an absolute blast and refreshing to see something different enter the superhero market. Hopefully Sony keeps it up doing their own thing. Disappointed that they cancelled their Amazing Spider-Man franchise, but nice to see them branching out with the Venom films and, soon, Morbius. I remember reading reports a while back that a Kraven film is also in the works. The Sinister Six movie has also been talked about getting re-started. Hopefully that one will continue on where ASM2 left off.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. Disney has (almost) monopolized the Marvel market now. Still worried as to how the X-Men franchise will be brought into the MCU. I think it's just going to get too bloated and become very stale quick.

Thankfully Sony still owns the rights to Spider-Man. I have to admit, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was an absolute blast and refreshing to see something different enter the superhero market. Hopefully Sony keeps it up doing their own thing. Disappointed that they cancelled their Amazing Spider-Man franchise, but nice to see them branching out with the Venom films and, soon, Morbius. I remember reading reports a while back that a Kraven film is also in the works. The Sinister Six movie has also been talked about getting re-started. Hopefully that one will continue on where ASM2 left off.
ASM2 was pretty shitty, its no wonder they worked with Marvel to get that character right. I never liked Toby McGuire as either Peter or Spiderman, Andrew Garfield was a much better Spiderman but a pretty shitty Peter. Sony's movies have been crap for the most part, the current Spiderman within the MCU is far superior....Marvel just knows how to make things work right.

Venom.......surprisingly was a blast, it felt old school 90s to me and Tom Hardy made that movie, but it was pretty generic overall and thats what Sony has always done, critics HATED Venom which kind of also surprised me but hey, whatever works, either way its a complete crap shoot on what Sony will do. Hopefully that do like Marvel has been doing and work hard on the script and stay close to the source material, almost every other Superhero film that isnt Marvel has been mostly garbage, DC is finally making up some ground now figuring things out, but I still dont put much faith in Sony doing things right outside of Spiderverse, which rightfully so, won an oscar. Its a fantastic movie and I'm seriously amazed that Sony pulled that off, but one movie doesnt fix years of making Spiderman pretty junky

Last edited by Vidfreek; 04-16-2019 at 03:35 PM.