evildead 1 & 2 & BC&tAoD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-10-2007, 06:52 AM

Question evildead 1 & 2 & BC&tAoD

why was evil dead 1& 2 both released on BD & army of darkness released on HD they should of released all 3 of them on 1 format insted of releasing the 2 different formats...so a person has to get a HB player or get a blu-ray & a HD DVD player to watch the triligy...wouldnt it be smarter to release all 3 in the SAME format.

to me the only true Bruce Camble fans who can watch the triligy is those who have both players & those who don't are sol.

is like putting saw 1&3 on blue ray & puting saw 2 & 4 HD i know each 1 is a seprate movie but all 3 of them go together...(saw 4 wil be out on DVD on 2-14-08)

I think ALL movies with a cult fallowing should be released on both formats of there going to split up the series

when all of the John Hughes movies hopfully there all on both formats or they should stick with 1 format for all of them. I dont tink its right that they're releasing different Jay & Silent Bob only on 1 format wile releasing others on the oppisite format. I know (probably guessing on the most part) that a true fan of a series of films would like to have the entire series on 1 format not 2
if each company released whatever movie on moth formats they would actually make alot more money, even if sony released there movies on HD DVD's they would still make money ot me if all movies were released on HD & BD each company would still make money. & to me it would be more fare to the fans in the long run & the companys in 2012 wont have to format everything to the winning format in the format war & by 2015 the HD movies will be all on USB memory keys (i herd that theres usb keys that hold the anount of a SD DVD)
Old 08-10-2007, 10:24 AM

Different Studios have access to rights of different films. It sucks, but it is just a fact of life.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Former Member

Not everything is that easy. The Infernal Affairs trilogy, in America, had 2 different distributors. Miramax for pt 1, and Weinstein/Genius for 2 and 3. However, they packaged them together in a box set. Sometimes companies collaborate, but in a format war, that just aint' gonna happen.

Look at Hellboy. the sequel will be Universal, not Sony/Revolutions. So when it comes out, it'd be HD-DVD
Old 08-12-2007, 04:02 PM

We'd probably have the entire Firefly Series in HD as well by now just like Serenity movie if Fox didn't own the rights to it.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Former Member

omg teh conspeeracee lolz

We would probably have Firefly, that is true....but as much as I enjoyed Serenity, I absolutely hated Firefly. Call me whatever, just my tastes.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
omg teh conspeeracee lolz

We would probably have Firefly, that is true....but as much as I enjoyed Serenity, I absolutely hated Firefly. Call me whatever, just my tastes.

Ok..........Whatever

For me, the show and the movie are the same. Made by the same people, with the same characters. I loved both.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Former Member

I understand that point, I gave the show a try after seeing the movie, and it just didn't click w/ me. It's rare I ever find a show to be engaging and interesting. Weeds is the most recent show I find watchable, but Firefly really just moved to slow, and it didn't flow like Serenity did.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
I understand that point, I gave the show a try after seeing the movie, and it just didn't click w/ me. It's rare I ever find a show to be engaging and interesting. Weeds is the most recent show I find watchable, but Firefly really just moved to slow, and it didn't flow like Serenity did.

You didn't like Firefly?

Burn in hell.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Former Member

ok! So long as hell isn't repeats of Firefly, gladly!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
You didn't like Firefly?

Burn in hell.
I 2nd that. Firefly is the best tv show i've seen in a long long time. Wish fox's support wasn't so pathetic. I'd re-buy this in HD in a second.