Noomi Rapace not reprising role in Prometheus sequel - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-31-2016, 06:38 PM

Default Noomi Rapace not reprising role in Prometheus sequel

Rapace will not reprise her role as Dr. Elizabeth Shaw in Alien: Covenant, according to director Ridley Scott. They're still casting the main roles. Also speculated is that the robot, David, will not be in the new film. To me, I personally couldn't wait to see Rapace back in action in this sequel. To many others who didn't like Prometheus, they'll probably find comfort in Scott's decision to start from scratch.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
Rapace will not reprise her role as Dr. Elizabeth Shaw in Alien: Covenant, according to director Ridley Scott. They're still casting the main roles. Also speculated is that the robot, David, will not be in the new film. To me, I personally couldn't wait to see Rapace back in action in this sequel. To many others who didn't like Prometheus, they'll probably find comfort in Scott's decision to start from scratch.
Isn't it obvious? She's gonna still be healing from her stitched stomach LOL

I wonder why the robot won't be in the new film?

Regardless, I don't care who they cast as long as it's better than the garbage that was Prometheus
Old 02-01-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
To many others who didn't like Prometheus, they'll probably find comfort in Scott's decision to start from scratch.
This exactly....the further they remove themselves from that disappointment of a movie the better imo.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:20 AM

The actors or the basic ideas for the characters were not Prometheus's problem. It was that those characters did endless stupid illogical things in a messy story that kept bringing up big themes but never ended up being about anything.

At this point, I don't really know what an 'Alien' movie could do to win me back to the franchise. I think it's run its course. But then again I feel that way about most series, especially any "series" where the first installment was in the previous century.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Isn't it obvious? She's gonna still be healing from her stitched stomach LOL
Considering all the ridiculous gymnastics moves she pulled within minutes of that surgery, I'm guessing she popped all her stitches and bled out sometime during the end credits of that movie.
My opinions are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Considering all the ridiculous gymnastics moves she pulled within minutes of that surgery, I'm guessing she popped all her stitches and bled out sometime during the end credits of that movie.
Yes that is completely plausible
Old 06-21-2016, 11:41 AM

Scott reverses decision, Rapace joining Prometheus sequel after all
Old 06-21-2016, 02:46 PM

I'm glad she's back, I think she's sexy. I just hope she plays a smarter character