Prometheus to get as many as 3 sequels, will eventually directly connect to Alien - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-23-2015, 11:25 AM

Default Prometheus to get as many as 3 sequels, will eventually directly connect to Alien

Prometheus to get as many as three sequels, according to Ridley Scott.

Ridley Scott has announced that he's planning as many as three sequels to Prometheus, where it will directly connect to Alien, “but it won’t be in the next one. It will be in the one after this one or maybe even a fourth film before we get back into the ‘Alien’ franchise… The whole point of it is to explain the Alien franchise and to explain the how and why of the creation of the Alien itself. I always thought of the Alien as kind of a piece of bacterial warfare. I always thought that that original ship, which I call the Croissant, was a battleship, holding these biomechanoid creatures that were all about destruction.”

Filming Prometheus 2 begins in February, which has actually pushed back production on Alien 5, for up to a year, because Ridley Scott wanted to prioritize Prometheus 2.

I don't doubt Ridley Scott's planning all of these sequels, but he better hurry up, because he's getting up there in age and probably won't live long enough to see them all through.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:23 PM

Ridley films pretty quickly.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:42 PM

I thought Prometheus already tied pretty well into Alien, everything seemed in place at the end. It would be pretty boring if one of the sequels is just the queen laying tons of eggs in the ship on the planet lol.

Not to compare Ridley Scott to George Lucas, but what is it with these over the hill filmmakers trying to continue their old storylines? I have seen every Alien film, A LOT, and I've never felt an overly strong need to understand where the aliens came from. The premise that humans probed too deeply into space and finally ran across a true apex predator was deep enough for these me. And I liked Prometheus!
Old 09-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Alien 5 - really?

Getting 2 more Prometheus' - I agree with Plissken, what's left? Does Scott have a ghost director (Peter Jackson) involved in this?
Old 09-23-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I thought Prometheus already tied pretty well into Alien, everything seemed in place at the end. It would be pretty boring if one of the sequels is just the queen laying tons of eggs in the ship on the planet lol.

Not to compare Ridley Scott to George Lucas, but what is it with these over the hill filmmakers trying to continue their old storylines? I have seen every Alien film, A LOT, and I've never felt an overly strong need to understand where the aliens came from. The premise that humans probed too deeply into space and finally ran across a true apex predator was deep enough for these me. And I liked Prometheus!
Alien 5 is being done by Blomkamp.

I'm a defender of Prometheus too. It's not a great film. It's a C/C- maybe. However, it's better than what people say it is. It's just a lot of the film is subtext. Which, seems to be not greeted with a great response by filmgoers this day and age. I hear similar complaints about Fury Road. However, that at least had tons of explosions to reel the typical haters in.

Anyway, Prometheus still has a fantastic trailer.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:56 PM

Prometheus is complete garbage.
Here's hoping the next two are MUCH better.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:58 PM

I dug Prometheus and I'm glad to see the sequel actually happening now but I wonder if Scott is planning on these back to back. If he peppers other movies between them I highly doubt he makes it through.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:16 PM

I liked Prometheus enough to see part 2, hopefully in 3D. As long as Noomi Rapace is there, to carry the story along, I'm in. She (as Elizabeth Shaw) was really the only character I liked in the first one.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:34 PM

Psh! They should tie 'Prometheus' into 'The Martian.'

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 09-23-2015, 05:46 PM

And Interstellar, too?