Spider-Man joining the Marvel film universe. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 AM

Default Spider-Man joining the Marvel film universe.

I was just telling twonunpackmule over the weekend I expected this to eventually happen, the rumor kept popping up too much and the higher ups at Sony wanted it.

Quote:
Following weeks of speculation, a deal between Sony and Marvel Studios to share big-screen control of Spider-Man is now official, announced Monday night in a joint release on Marvel.com. The announcement states "the new Spider-Man" -- seemingly confirming a re-casting of the role from the most recent on-screen Spidey, Andrew Garfield -- will debut in an as-yet undisclosed Marvel Studios film, with a co-produced Spider-Man solo film following on July 28, 2017. Sony will still finance, distribute and own the Spidey solo films, along with retaining final creative control.

The next "Spider-Man" solo film will be produced by Amy Pascal, who last week was announced as departing her position as Co-Chairperson of Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios President of Production. Marvel and Sony are "exploring opportunities" to integrate characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe into upcoming Spidey solo films, according to the release.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59174
Kind of sucks Amazing is just being dropped. Sony really botched that series.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:49 AM

Definitely not excited about more Spiderman films but it will be nice to have him pop up in the Avengers and other Marvel films.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:53 PM

I'm stoked but not sure why they had to move the release dates of future Marvel movies back a year.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:01 PM

A little disappointed by this news to be honest. So there won't be an Amazing Spider-Man 3 now??? Sure, the 2nd film wasn't the greatest but for what it was, it was a great Summer movie. I thought it was setting up the third film nicely as well. So what about the Sinister Six now? What happened to Peter's father? Who was that mysterious man in black? I take it none of these questions will ever be answered?