Are you going to see The Interview? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-17-2014, 02:22 PM

Default Are you going to see The Interview?

I am seeing it on Xmas day, in the biggest theater in town because if I don't then the terrorists win.

Nah because it's the only day my friend and I can see it together and we really want to. Not gonna let some BS threats scare us off.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:16 PM

Sony apparently cancelled or delayed the theatrical release, because all of the big chains cancelled viewings. So, I don't think anyone, outside of the press, has seen or will see it any time soon.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:21 PM

Just heard that.. Sets a really bad precedent, Sony is being very stupid.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Just heard that.. Sets a really bad precedent, Sony is being very stupid.
I don't think Sony had much choice. With AMC, Cinemark, and Regal pulling out, pretty much all the rest would have followed. And for any theaters brave enough, in the event of an actual attack, then there would be very centralized locations to attack.

The theaters should not have backed down.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 12-17-2014, 10:48 PM

Default Sony Hacked by North Korea due to Upcoming Film 'The Interview'?

Sony Pictures, whose executives were reportedly working on chalkboards as recently as yesterday, are investigating a possible connection to North Korea in the attack that took down their computers earlier this week. Specifically, according to Recode, the company is "exploring the possibility that hackers working on behalf of North Korea, perhaps operating out of China."

As for motivation, Recode speculates one reason could be The Interview, Sony Pictures' upcoming comedy wherein Seth Rogen and James Franco play journalists enlisted by the CIA to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un. Earlier this year, the North Korean government called The Interview an "act of war" and threatened a "resolute and merciless response" if the film was released. The film was rumored to be digitally altered in post-production to remove specific North Korean military insignia, but the main plot still stands.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:28 PM

------ Update ------

Or not.

------ Original post ------

Sony may have pulled The Interview but at least one Alamo Drafthouse has decided to just show Team America in its place!

Last edited by Super-VHS; 12-18-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:13 PM

I wasn't interested in seeing it until now. it's too bad the theaters are backing down like pansies.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I cannot believe in this day and age this shit is still happening. During the 80's when Silent Night Deadly Night created outrage to have it pulled, the same film or worse could be shown today with very little comment. I really thought in this age of information that nothing was off limits.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:00 PM

Not trying to start a debate here...just voicing my opinion. When I first saw the trailer for The Interview, I thought it looked like a risky flick to release and make. I mean, it just stirs up controversy and emotions in a country were not on the best terms with. Just think the movie....based on the trailer....was a bit "politically insensitive",imo. Think about how would we react if another country made a movie about assinating Obama??

I love my country and I believe in free speech and expression, as long as someone's free speech or expression doesn't cause any physical danger to other lives. Where does your rights begin and where my rights end?? In a post 911 era, Sony did the right move canceling this release. I personally think the movie was too controversial and insensitive that the film should have never been made. The threat...even as doubtful as it may be in happening...is far too great to risk innocent lives over. No film is worth that. When someone's freedom of speech and expression can potentially hurt others....these rights need to take a backseat to the greater good: the general welfare of others and us as a nation....not as a nation of individuals.

Just my opinion....steeping down off my soapbox now,lol
Old 12-18-2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Not trying to start a debate here...just voicing my opinion. When I first saw the trailer for The Interview, I thought it looked like a risky flick to release and make. I mean, it just stirs up controversy and emotions in a country were not on the best terms with. Just think the movie....based on the trailer....was a bit "politically insensitive",imo. Think about how would we react if another country made a movie about assinating Obama??

I love my country and I believe in free speech and expression, as long as someone's free speech or expression doesn't cause any physical danger to other lives. Where does your rights begin and where my rights end?? In a post 911 era, Sony did the right move canceling this release. I personally think the movie was too controversial and insensitive that the film should have never been made. The threat...even as doubtful as it may be in happening...is far too great to risk innocent lives over. No film is worth that. When someone's freedom of speech and expression can potentially hurt others....these rights need to take a backseat to the greater good: the general welfare of others and us as a nation....not as a nation of individuals.

Just my opinion....steeping down off my soapbox now,lol
I guess this should of never been published in 1941?