How to enjoy Die Hard 5: A Good Day to Die Hard - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-14-2013, 01:20 PM

Default How to enjoy Die Hard 5: A Good Day to Die Hard

I just call it "aagggttddddhhh" for short. Like a zombie moan.

I think I may have found a way to enjoy AGDtDH!

As I posted prior, I fell asleep about halfway into the movie. Next day, I picked up where I left off.

What I realized is, if you only watch the 2nd half, it's not so bad! Spoilers will follow...

Spoiler
In the first half, you have the criminal plot which right off the bat feels underbaked, McClane totally screwing up his son's mission, strange dialog from McClane that doesn't feel appropriate, and the pirouetting truck.

So instead, start the movie at the scene where McClane & Son enter an empty warehouse (?) to recover from the previous gun battle. Sure, you end up skipping a decent action scene, but this is actually a better spot to start. You don't need any background, becuase they both talk about how they are in Russia, how McClane screwed up his son's mission, how they are estranged, and that this story is basically about fixing their relationship. It then goes to explain what they gotta go do, and why. It then goes into some more scenes developing the characters (which wasn't happeing, really, till the 2nd half anyway) and the assault on the bank.

The whole story actually is easier to follow, more enjoyable, and more "Die Hard" if you just cut out the first 45 minutes.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:47 PM

Uhh, it's in the second half where they go to Chernobyl and magically eliminate all the radiation by hosing the place down with Febreze.

No thank you. This movie starts off bad and only gets worse by the minute.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Uhh, it's in the second half where they go to Chernobyl and magically eliminate all the radiation by hosing the place down with Febreze.

No thank you. This movie starts off bad and only gets worse by the minute.
I agree, the radiation aspect had me scratching my head the whole time. Everyone in suits, yet our heroes never even talk about feeling ill or fatigued, or (as I'd expect for a CIA operative) whips out anti-radiation pills. Or stops to get some. Isn't there also a great deal of radiation elswhere...as in, not in the bank vault? So yeah, that aspect is a big mess.

BUT, by watching only the second half, you skip over (what I assume to be) attemps at humor coming from McClane, McClane basically destroying the lives of dozens of Russian citizens in a very strange truck chase, watching McClane as he Zach Galifianakis-es his son's mission...and I think that the plot line is more clear starting halfway through, instead of having that fairly confusing and not very compelling opening.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:06 AM

This film, all the cars become damaged killer role far beyond the story itself. Really can not compare with the previous 4 movies
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Banned

quite non supportive comments the movie is getting by the all here that means i should drop my plan of watching it Saturday night and go for some other one .. but now it has been downloaded so let's have a show run to see what are the patch holes into the movie making it just an average one..
Old 06-21-2013, 11:52 AM

How to enjoy Die Hard 5:

1. Remove disc from case
2. Place disc on the floor (data side facing up towards you)
3. Unzip fly (zipper-less track pants can simply be pulled down slightly below the genitals)
4. Urinate on aforementioned disc
5. Watch the original Die Hard
Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Thank God I refused to watch it. After the 4th I barred myself from seeing 4 and any future one again. You think they would have learned.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM

How to enjoy Die Hard 5:

1. Get your hands on as many mind altering substances as you can, legal or otherwise.
2. Ingest them.

You'll have a blast watching it, and likely won't remember anything about it the next morning, problem solved.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
How to enjoy Die Hard 5:

1. Get your hands on as many mind altering substances as you can, legal or otherwise.
2. Ingest them.

You'll have a blast watching it, and likely won't remember anything about it the next morning, problem solved.
I will note that there is no Step 3 saying "Watch Die Hard 5" in your instructions there. I take it that part can be skipped?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I will note that there is no Step 3 saying "Watch Die Hard 5" in your instructions there. I take it that part can be skipped?
Haha! That's perfect!

Police Officer - "Sir, come down from the top of that playground! It's 2 in the morning, the park is closed!"
Me - "Sorry officer, I was just enjoying Die Hard 5! Wanna come up and join me?"