Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Attebery's Avatar
    Attebery is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,716

    Default Don't Miss 'The Croods' in Dolby ATMOS

    Michael S. Palmer got to see 'The Croods' in Dolby ATMOS. Here are his thoughts:

    http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...by_ATMOS/11421
    Check out my author website and
    get a free copy of BRICK RANSOM!
    www.mikeattebery.com

  2. #2
    Julian's Avatar
    Julian is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    851

    Default

    What does "four-quadrant" mean?

  3. #3
    darkash's Avatar
    darkash is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    What does "four-quadrant" mean?
    This is the first I've heard the expression too, but I think it refers to having all four types of family members in the movie: dad, mom, son, and daughter. Or the movie is aimed at all family members and not just one specific type.

  4. #4
    Palmer is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkash View Post
    This is the first I've heard the expression too, but I think it refers to having all four types of family members in the movie: dad, mom, son, and daughter. Or the movie is aimed at all family members and not just one specific type.
    Darkash is correct, though it's not about families per se. It's a Hollywood development / marketing term that refers to a film that targets male, female, young, and adult audiences. Generally, studios want to include elements for everyone in their PG and PG-13 films. More affordable independent and genre fare often breaks down slightly different (Expendables -- adult male; Under the Tuscan Sun -- adult female; Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants -- young female; Silence of the Lambs -- adults; Winnie the Pooh -- kids; etc.) Cheers.

  5. #5
    Julian's Avatar
    Julian is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    Darkash is correct, though it's not about families per se. It's a Hollywood development / marketing term that refers to a film that targets male, female, young, and adult audiences. Generally, studios want to include elements for everyone in their PG and PG-13 films. More affordable independent and genre fare often breaks down slightly different (Expendables -- adult male; Under the Tuscan Sun -- adult female; Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants -- young female; Silence of the Lambs -- adults; Winnie the Pooh -- kids; etc.) Cheers.
    Thanks! That makes a lot of sense! I liked Under The Tuscan Sun by the way.

  6. #6
    Palmer is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Thanks! That makes a lot of sense! I liked Under The Tuscan Sun by the way.
    Not judging. Just a few representative titles off the top of my head.

    Also, Julian, my wife and I will be spending a couple nights in Brussels over the summer as part of a trip to Europe. I'll have to bug you a little later with any restaurant / pub recommendations.

    *edited -- can't type sans tpyos

  7. #7
    Julian's Avatar
    Julian is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    Not judging. Just a few representative titles off the top of my head.

    Also, Julian, my wife and I will be spending a couple nights in Brussels over the summer as part of a trip to Europe. I'll have to bug you a little later with any restaurant / pub recommendations.

    *edited -- can't type sans tpyos
    Great!! Be sure to spend one day in Antwerp as well with me as your tour guide

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1