First Look: 'X-Men: First Class' - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Arrow First Look: 'X-Men: First Class'

First Look: 'X-Men: First Class'

From left: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost aka the White Queen, (Heat Vision has no idea who the red guy is), Nicholas Hoult as the Beast, Lucas Till as Havoc, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme aka Mystique, and James McAvoy as Charles Xavier.

The movie opens June 3.

Jennifer Lawrence on Being Painted Naked Daily for 'X-Men: First Class'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...ed-daily-73534
Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 PM

hmmmmm so no well know characters nor well know actors.....Perhaps the average person knows who Beast or Mystique are but thats about it.

Hope this does well as I am a big fan I just am worried about the project's success.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 PM

Well...there goes my curiosity of seeing this flick,lol. Dont know any of these actors and the look just looks bad,imo. They look like they are doing a tv series not a movie. Maybe the trailer will renew my interest.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

The "Red Guy" may be Armando Muņoz / Darwin

Here is the total cast of the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270798/
Old 01-19-2011, 10:52 PM

The White Queen looks hot, but her hair is too boufont. I guess this is set in the 70's or something.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
The White Queen looks hot, but her hair is too boufont. I guess this is set in the 70's or something.
Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-MEN. Written by Twentieth Century Fox

PLOT SUMMARY:

Charles Xavier and Erik Magnus Lensherr met as young men in the 1960s at Oxford University. Xavier received doctorates in theology and philosophy with post-graduate work in International Development Studies at the U.N...
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-MEN. Written by Twentieth Century Fox

PLOT SUMMARY:

Charles Xavier and Erik Magnus Lensherr met as young men in the 1960s at Oxford University. Xavier received doctorates in theology and philosophy with post-graduate work in International Development Studies at the U.N...
Okay, so they're going way back. The 60's.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 PM

The only guy that I really recognize from that lineup is McAvoy. I thought he was really good in Wanted.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel1974 View Post
The only guy that I really recognize from that lineup is McAvoy. I thought he was really good in Wanted.
Kevin Bacon, Oliver Platt and Ray Wise are in it. I am sure you recognize them:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270798/

Did you know who Chris Reeves was before he starred in Superman The Movie?
Old 01-20-2011, 12:16 AM

Oh.... I was just talking about the above photo though. I forgot that those guys were in the movie. I didn't say that it was a bad thing using that particular cast. I think that you misunderstood, oh... and I was like six when Superman came out, I didn't know who any actor was. I can certainly say that Christopher Reeves was most definitely not a bad choice. Him in that movie, was the first time that I had truly experienced cinema, and the reason why I became the huge movie fan that I am today.