Ridley Scott's ALIEN PREQUEL is no more... now called PROMETHEUS - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 PM

Default Ridley Scott's ALIEN PREQUEL is no more... now called PROMETHEUS

It seems that Sir Ridley Scott has decided to go in a different direction with his big budget return to science fiction cinema.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/ridl...ad/#more-96773

Quote:
First, it started out as an Alien Prequel. But then it morphed into something "more original", an insider tells us -- even though Hollywood kept referring to the project as "The Alien Prequel" right up until today when Twentieth Century Fox officially announced the new Ridley Scott production as Prometheus is now bound for worldwide release on March 9th, 2012. Returning to science fiction filmmaking for the first time since Blade Runner, Scott will direct this epic. Of the five major roles to be cast, Noomi Rapace is the first actor signed to star (as "Elizabeth Shaw"), and we hear that Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron are both circling the other big female lead ("Vickers").

The initial draft of the script was written by Jon Spaihts (The Darkest Hour) from Ridley’s idea. Damon Lindelof (Lost, Star Trek) and Scott have since been working together on the current version which has expanded the story into new directions. We hear they were instructed to "go off and come up with what they want" using the 'Alien DNA'. Though story details are being closely guarded, Ridley explained the outlines of the film and its genesis as follows: “While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart.”

Says Lindelof: "In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots, I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley's vision was for this movie. It's daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects. When I sat in a movie theater as a kid, feet raised off the floor for fear that something might grab my ankles, I never dreamed in my wildest imagination I would one day get to collaborate with the man responsible for it. Working alongside him has been nothing short of a dream come true."

Swedish actress Noomi Rapace landed the scientist's role after Scott saw her portrayal of fictional Lisbeth Salander in the film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as well as the rest of the Steig Larssen. All Fox would say is that the other roles "would be cast soon".
Old 01-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
There’s still no word yet on what exactly that original story will be, of course, but it seems those earlier casting reports that tied Noomi Rapace (as “Elizabeth Shaw”) and potentially Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron (as “Vickers”) remain intact, so it seems likely to follow some of the same basic plotlines that have been rumored—only presumably without the attempts to tie it to the “space jockey” glimpsed in the original film, which Scott has long mentioned as the story's impetus. For Scott’s part, he says this sort-of-new film is “the singular tale I’ve been searching for,” while Lindelof adds that it’s “daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects.” Well, seeing as everyone expected an Alien prequel, mission already accomplished. Whatever it ends up being, Prometheus is due out on March 9, 2012.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/ridle...prequel,50100/
Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 PM

Damn I was actually looking forward to seeing another Alien film
Old 01-15-2011, 12:05 AM

Dammit. I wanted another Alien film.

Also, please hire someone more original than Jolie. Please.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:08 AM

Nice. Something original will be better than just another aliens movie. I think they've degraded the franchise enough.
Keep Angelina Jolie out of this though.I'm sick of looking at her.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:11 AM

Uh... Good, I guess? I agree we need more original movies, but I was looking forward to seeing a new, real Alien movie after that AvP crap (not to mention the sub par 3rd and 4th movies).
Old 01-15-2011, 03:52 AM

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

H.R. Giger on board for Ridley Scott's Alien prequel

http://www.shadowlocked.com/20101219...n-prequel.html

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Old 01-15-2011, 01:48 PM

Alien: Prometheus?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 AM

I posted this IMDB but I guess I can post it here to.
------------
Naomi talked to the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter ("Today's news").

Translated she says (Google Translate):

A sleeping drunk jetlaggad Rapace landed in London overnight on Tuesday after having been in Los Angeles to be photographed by Time magazine. The contract to do the lead role in Ridley Scott's upcoming blockbuster movie "Prometheus" she wrote in last week. She is the first actor who is ready for a role in the film. She competed with many of Hollywood's most s most prominent actor of the role.

- There should be a blast. I make a character named Elizabeth Shaw, she is super cool, but I do not play Ripley from the previous Alien films, but this one still with them. There are links. It is the first science fiction film that Ridley Scott doing since "Blade Runner".

The director has the American media talked about how he "Alien" as a model created "a new mythology and a universe in which this story is played out". Alien fans will recognize themselves, "he assures. According nätsajten deadline.com are both Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron in discussions about playing against Rapace.

Jon Spaihts ("The Darkest Hour") and Damon Lindelof ("Lost," "Star Trek") has been working on the script together with Scott. The film's title refers to the ancient myth of the Titan Prometheus who stole fire from the gods and it was endlessly punished.

- Ridley is a tremendously inspiring person to talk to, very passionate and extremely passionate about a lot of film. He looks constantly for new feature films. He said he had seen the "Men Who Hate Women" four times, "she says with a laugh.
The recording of "Prometheus" will begin in March at Pinewood Studios west of London - where, James Bond movies, "The Shining", "Aliens", "Eyes Wide Shut" has been recorded.

- I've already been in the studio and in particular made costume tests. Now I will start working on the script, physical training, stunt training, accent training and other preparations for the role.
------------

/Tom