Saw IV coming soon. October 26, 2007 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-22-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Saw IV coming soon. October 26, 2007

First Look at Saw IV!

Release Date: October 26, 2007
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Darren Lynn Bousman
Screenwriter: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton
Starring: Tobin Bell, Angus Macfadyen, Shawnee Smith, Lyriq Bent, Scott Patterson, Justin Louis
Genre: Horror

Quote from the wensite:

Source: Ryan Rotten, MTV
June 21, 2007

MTV scored the first official still from Darren Lynn Bousman's Saw IV. The sequel marks Bousman's third go at Lionsgate's succesful "Saw" franchise and promises more grue, more twists and an opening you won't believe. Saw IV opens on October 26th. Click here for a full look at the still.

Nelll's note: For those of you, who do not want to click in the link I did bring you the info from the website: Your Welcome.

Quote:

Jigsaw is gone, but his monstrous reign lives on in the very first photo released from “Saw IV.”
Talking with MTV News, director Darren Lynn Bousman and star Tobin Bell confirmed that Jigsaw was most certainly dead, but also that the movie takes place chronologically after “Saw III,” and that Bell has as much screen time in this flick as he did in the previous installments.

The bloody message, the paparazzi-like photos on the wall, the clock above, and the bizarre chair (which forces the sitter to look forward), almost certainly all point to a torture device and an unwitting victim, most likely the blond girl in the pictures (the high heels, for one, are a dead giveaway).
What is it that the sadistic Jigsaw sees that he wants her to see as well? Is she a prostitute? She is standing alongside different cars in many of the pictures, and she’s dressed provocatively in all of them. We know Jigsaw only tortures people whom he thinks don’t appreciate life. We don’t know what it is he wants her to discover, but we do know she has a little less than an hour an a half to find out (89 minutes and 16 seconds to be precise). Her life depends on it.
If I’m right and that’s how much time she has left, than she’ll clearly be the focus of the film. Perhaps Jigsaw then appears in flashbacks? Perhaps she knew him before he got sick? Who is the bearded man with the sunglasses in two of the pictures? Who is the kid? Does anyone else find it funny that one of the books on her shelf is titled “Sleeping Murder”?
The pic raises more questions than it answers.
See what I see?
What do YOU see?

Old 06-22-2007, 04:32 PM

Enough with all the damn useless sequels! I don't blame you nelll.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
My girfriend is a Saw freak. She is more than happy with this. I am into animes right now so I D G F.

Wait a second: You did not say what did you see in the picture.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
My girfriend is a Saw freak. She is more than happy with this. I am into animes right now so I D G F.

Wait a second: You did not say what did you see in the picture.
How the hell can you tell anything in such a small picture? Are you zooming in or what?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
How the hell can you tell anything in such a small picture? Are you zooming in or what?
If this is an small picture then you must go and see an eye doctor ASAP. Read the article damit!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
agreed......
Old 06-22-2007, 05:11 PM

I have to admit, I'm a horror nut. Although with Saw, I haven't been that "turned on" by the franchise and mostly watch it to get my horror fix. Although after watching 1 and 2, I think part 3 was the perfect cherry topper, but some die hard fans will disagree with me. With the Halloween remake coming out, and other horror movies coming out this fall, I'll either not go see Saw 4 or I will depending on how the other horror flicks do. If they do well, I'll probably pass on Saw 4, in other words.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
agreed......
I can not believe that you did not blame me this time. Thank you Messin.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:14 PM

I apologize. It's been a long couple of days. I read it more carefully. My bad? Don't curse at your elders!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuce View Post
I have to admit, I'm a horror nut. Although with Saw, I haven't been that "turned on" by the franchise and mostly watch it to get my horror fix. Although after watching 1 and 2, I think part 3 was the perfect cherry topper, but some die hard fans will disagree with me. With the Halloween remake coming out, and other horror movies coming out this fall, I'll either not go see Saw 4 or I will depending on how the other horror flicks do. If they do well, I'll probably pass on Saw 4, in other words.
I agree. I'm a horror nut also and, I love the Hostel films, but I thought Saw 1 was just 'O.k.' and I never saw II,...and I skipped out on the last half-hour or so of Saw III, so yes I'll skip Saw IV and probably rent it at some point.