3D Titanic, extended Avatar coming soon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Default 3D Titanic, extended Avatar coming soon

From Aintitcoolnews

Regarding Titanic

Quote:
We're targeting spring of 2012 for the release (of a 3D version of Titanic), which is the 100 year anniversary of the sailing of the ship.
Regarding Avatar

Quote:
The wildcard is that we might be re-releasing the movie this fall. It's kind of gotten stomped out (in theaters) because of Alice in Wonderland. The word we're getting back from exhibitors is we probably left a couple of hundred million dollars on the table as a result. The question is the appetite still going to be there after the summer glut of movies. We're going to assess that. We're talking about maybe adding in additional footage and doing something creative.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44253
Old 03-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Fox mulling 'Avatar' summer re-release

Quote:
James Cameron and Fox are in discussions about rereleasing "Avatar," primarily in 3D theaters, in late summer -- and, tantalizingly, with additional scenes that had been left on the cutting-room floor in the rush to ready the epic for its Dec. 18 release
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...1a3d89a21b17a7
Old 03-12-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
From Aintitcoolnews

Regarding Titanic

Regarding Avatar

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44253
Poor Cameron. He did not make all the $$ he could have off Avatar because of the release of Alice In Wonderland. ''Left a couple of hundered million as a result''..boo fucking hoo,lol. PPLLLEEAASSSEEE!! Let me be allowed to play the world's smallest violin right now and dedicate it to Cameron and his lost couple of hundred million. Get a life Fox and Cameron.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Poor Cameron. He did not make all the $$ he could have off Avatar because of the release of Alice In Wonderland. ''Left a couple of hundered million as a result''..boo fucking hoo,lol. PPLLLEEAASSSEEE!! Let me be allowed to play the world's smallest violin right now and dedicate it to Cameron and his lost couple of hundred million. Get a life Fox and Cameron.
From this post I surmise . . .

You aren't much of a business man are you?
Old 03-13-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
From this post I surmise . . .

You aren't much of a business man are you?
No I am not Lee... but I do know the difference between business and greed.

This movie has made so much $$ that are they really going to miss a couple of a hundred million $$??!!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:

This movie has made so much $$ that are they really going to miss a couple of a hundred million $$??!!
Do you want to think about that one for a second?

A couple of hundred million????? Do you know how much money that is? Do you know any buisiness that would be happy loosing a couple of hundred million?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:09 AM

Im with taygan, boo hoo. what successful movie hasnt lost money due to the release of another movie. greed, plain and simple. Im sick of hearing about Avatar anyway so Im hoping it isnt re-released. too many good movies coming out later this year, Id hate to see one leave $$ on the table that an Avatar re-release would take away
Old 03-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:

How could you possibly call re-releasing a movie which BTW may have extended footage in it greed?

Now I am not sure you even know what the word greed means. This will help you:

greed (grēd)
n. An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth.

So when WB re-released The Dark Knight after it's inital run . . . that was greed too?

Quote:
Yep - surmise confirmed.

HINT: MANY movies don't make "a couple of hundred million" for their entire worldwide release.

They are entitled to milk the shit out of Avatar and they are going to do just that BECAUSE . . . the public loved Avatar.

Money talks - bullshit walks
Old 03-13-2010, 03:46 PM

Nothing like an "Extended Director's Cut" of a movie that was never taken out of its director's hands.

Good for Fox for making more money since I subscribe to "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed works."

But from an artistic, people who actually care about cinema perspective, this is complete Luca$ bull shit. Purposefully leaving stuff on the cutting room floor just so you can re-release the movie for another cash grab is crap. The director should put his vision out the first time if the technology and producer allows...and in this instance there was nothing holding Cameron back, this was his baby 100%.

I can see this being a trend setter for theatrical releases being marketed and released like DVDs now. First we get a standard cut, then if it does great at the box office, they'll re-release it into theaters with "extra footage" to get people to re-pay all over again. Great! More loud action bull shit taking screens away from films that matter.

American cinema is (still) dead.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooLounge View Post
Nothing like an "Extended Director's Cut" of a movie that was never taken out of its director's hands.

Good for Fox for making more money since I subscribe to "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed works."

But from an artistic, people who actually care about cinema perspective, this is complete Luca$ bull shit. Purposefully leaving stuff on the cutting room floor just so you can re-release the movie for another cash grab is crap. The director should put his vision out the first time if the technology and producer allows...and in this instance there was nothing holding Cameron back, this was his baby 100%.

I can see this being a trend setter for theatrical releases being marketed and released like DVDs now. First we get a standard cut, then if it does great at the box office, they'll re-release it into theaters with "extra footage" to get people to re-pay all over again. Great! More loud action bull shit taking screens away from films that matter.

American cinema is (still) dead.
Taking screens away from films that matter. ?????

Seriously WTF?

I hate to break this to you but the reason people make movies is to make money. The reason "loud action bull shit" gets shown on the most screens is because that is what people want to watch.

Can you give me an example of a "film that matters". I'm genuinly curious what films you mean.