High-Def Digest Credibility - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:57 PM

Default High-Def Digest Credibility

I'm a huge fan of High-Def Digest and I recommend the website to all my friends and family. However, after reading a recent review by Drew Taylor I have to question the credibility of this website. Drew gives 'A Serious Man' (one of the worst movies known to man kind) a 4.5 out of 5 movie score.

Is there anybody who reads these reviews before they are posted? Any second opinions?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:13 PM

LOL. You are funny.

Most of the IMDb users and critics agree with Drew's opinion:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1019452/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_serious_man/

I don't see a problem.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:15 PM

The part we should be concerned about in coming to a HD Digest website is the scores for Audio/Video quality.
The movie rating itself is subjective.
If they started giving films with really lousy pq 5 stars then i'd be concerned because i use these to decide to buy or not sometimes.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Please do not introduce your own opinion into the feedback area of this site. There is a discussion available to you to express your opinion. On top of which, if you have an opinion, you should probably consider whether or not you plan to include any justifications whatsoever for the opinion which you are putting forth as just saying "I didn't like it." without any explanation, and then criticising the reviewer when you can't even explain yourself is pretty weak.

In the future - back up your opinion with specific reason, then keep it locked to the thread which actually discusses the film...
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...st-review.html

Rarely do I lock things in here, but this one is sure not appropriate as it's just a personal opinion of a movie review which, on it's own, represents the critical opinion of an experienced reviewer - who is hardly alone with his review results.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
I'm a huge fan of High-Def Digest and I recommend the website to all my friends and family. However, after reading a recent review by Drew Taylor I have to question the credibility of this website. Drew gives 'A Serious Man' (one of the worst movies known to man kind) a 4.5 out of 5 movie score.

Is there anybody who reads these reviews before they are posted? Any second opinions?
I read, fact check, edit, and revise everything that appears on the site. Opinions are not something that can be pegged right or wrong.
Closed Thread