Feedback for deals.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2010, 09:40 AM

Default Feedback for deals....

Mods - Can the URL field for transaction feedback be made optional? Its a pain to hunt it down sometimes and if you use the $10 or less thread your post may not even be there anymore.

Unless I missed something? Thanks!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Mods - Can the URL field for transaction feedback be made optional?
No. The URL is required to prevent fraudulent feedback. If no URL was required then two online buddies could pump up each others' feedback rating artificially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
Its a pain to hunt it down sometimes and if you use the $10 or less thread your post may not even be there anymore.

Unless I missed something? Thanks!
Actually, the $10 or less thread can't be used at all for Feedback. A thread created by either party in a Marketplace forum is required. Clicking on View Profile for the other member and then Find Threads Created can be a useful way to find their trade/sale thread.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 AM

Yea, if you use the method Cochise just said, its as simple as can be.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Former Member

I think the Cochise-inator handled this one.

Group thread URLs are not valid for feedback, and the requirement for a URL is necessary due to the people who fake feedback (yes, we also have alerts and other tools to catch cheaters who register multiple names to bump their feedback to look legit). Group threads exist for CONVENIENCE and PRACTICALITY (and I can't even begin to mention how many 10 buck titles I've bought through there). They make feedback a real pain in the ass, but that's their only downside.