Question for the HDD staff - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-20-2009, 05:47 PM

Default Question for the HDD staff

just wondering, but what happened to Jed, the person who i thought was thee founder of the site and used to post the reviews in the forums. i can't remember the last time i saw a post of his but i was jw.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Former Member

I'm not the best to answer this, but, from what is somewhat public knowledge, mr Jed R (sorry, can't spell that last name!) sold the site to IB. he is the founder of the site, as no matter what, a founder never changes. that'd defeat the point of what a founder is.

He was always a real treat to talk to, and was one of the big reasons I came to enjoy this site so much. I don't know many other site owners who would be so nice to just random users, have they compliments or complaints. A real nice guy, I do miss seeing him around here. Now, Mike (Attebery) is the guy who posts the reviews, and Tom (Landy) posts bargain and release threads. Same system, just different guys.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:03 PM

Rosenzweig.

And got to remember Peter was also the co-founder...

BTW, if you go to facebook, Jed is on there, but I don't think he has been on for a while, don't know though, I never go over there
Old 11-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Banned

What happened to Peter?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 PM

He got cold
Old 11-20-2009, 08:19 PM

If you talk about him enough, Jed will occasionally pop up in here to make you do a doubletake.

I've been running HDD day to day for just about two years now (as of Jan 6th I think). Worked with Jed for the first six months, then have been flying solo since then.

Peter still does the occasional review.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
I've been running HDD day to day for just about two years now (as of Jan 6th I think). Worked with Jed for the first six months, then have been flying solo since then.
And have done a damn fine job
Old 11-23-2009, 02:14 AM

Solo as the editor that is! This place keeps running along cause we have an awesome team of people who knock themselves out for the site day in and day out.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
I'm not the best to answer this, but, from what is somewhat public knowledge, mr Jed R (sorry, can't spell that last name!) sold the site to IB. he is the founder of the site, as no matter what, a founder never changes. that'd defeat the point of what a founder is.

He was always a real treat to talk to, and was one of the big reasons I came to enjoy this site so much. I don't know many other site owners who would be so nice to just random users, have they compliments or complaints. A real nice guy, I do miss seeing him around here. Now, Mike (Attebery) is the guy who posts the reviews, and Tom (Landy) posts bargain and release threads. Same system, just different guys.
sorry to get back so late thanks for the info, he did seem like a really good guy, and he did help make my favorite movie blog etc site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
If you talk about him enough, Jed will occasionally pop up in here to make you do a doubletake.

Peter still does the occasional review.
i didnt even realize peter's pretty much gone i just thought turns were taken much more now with the amount of reviewers. but thats probably around the time i remember not seeing him anymore, and like RandellG said, you've indeed done great job to keep this site in tip top form.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Now, Mike (Attebery) is the guy who posts the reviews, and Tom (Landy) posts bargain and release threads. Same system, just different guys.
Yep! I also usually compose the bargains/release announcements on the main page, so if you see anything news worthy you can send it my way (or through the feedback e-mail like always). We might not be able to post everything we get, but we definitely try to do our best.