I think you may be (inadvertantly I hope!) advertising a scam - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2009, 10:37 PM

Default I think you may be (inadvertantly I hope!) advertising a scam

Hmmm, well I can't get the top of the page ad to come back now, but it was about applying for government grants and went to a website called "timesinsider.com".

I thought it was one of those work from home scams to start with, and the site does seem to bear some resemblance to those sites, using the same "as seen on ... " text with various news station logos, the way comments have been closed due to server overload & the way all the links at the top of the page (actually, -every- link on the page) go to the same sign up form ... alarm bells are ringing ...

Hopefully the ad's gone from here already ...

edit
Oh, there it is again, "Woman gets $12,688 cheque from government", I guess it could be legit, I've got my doubts though.

Last edited by holsty101; 10-30-2009 at 10:57 PM.