Another forum request: HD content production - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-07-2007, 01:26 AM

Lightbulb Another forum request: HD content production

I know there have been a lot of requests for forum sections lately, but I think this one will help the forum grow and maybe attract some more members who are interested in the production aspect of high-def media. With Blu-Ray (and the coming HD DVD) burners, as well as the rapid emergence of HD cams and editing software, more and more people will have access to the in-home creation of both formats within the next year.

As a freelance media producer who is trying to get into HD, I think this is an area that would be nice to discuss with others who may have input and questions that would concern others with similar interests. This would of course be under the "related topics" section, not the main forums, but would still create a place for an increasingly relevant part of HD media.

I understand if there is no demand for it now, but I still think it may be something to consider as the site grows. I'd appreciate any comments or opinions.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:08 AM

Have you tried AVS Forum? I'm sure you could get a lot of help and meet a lot of people also interested in discussing this.

The thing I love about this site is that it is quite uncluttered and tidy. I'm thinking in reference to AVS forum - everytime I visit there I feel so lost because there are so many members, like 1,000 different forums, and always a gazillion new posts. It's very easy to get lost in all the commotion there, and I feel like that's one reason why this site (HDD) is so great.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 AM

Eh I never liked AVS. Far too cluttered and over populated. That's why I suggested it here. I'm sure it's gonna get shot down but it was just an idea.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:05 PM
HDD Founder

Pat H,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just created a new "HD Content Production" discussion area under "Related Topics (Not Format-Specific)." To begin with, I moved some earlier posts from other topic areas into that forum. If it doesn't end up getting much use, we may end up removing it at some point down the line, but I figure it's worth a shot...
Old 06-09-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
Pat H,
If it doesn't end up getting much use, we may end up removing it at some point down the line, but I figure it's worth a shot...
Fair enough for me, thanks Jed!

Also, this thread would probably be good for a transfer http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=9067

Last edited by Pat H; 06-10-2007 at 12:09 AM.